Solved

Install windows 7 ssd

Hello,
I am building a new computer and have a windows 7 upgrade package. Can I install this to install on ssd drive.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about install windows
  1. If you have a qualifying product for the upgrade, and that license isn't being actively used by any other computer.
  2. kponiato said:
    Hello,
    I am building a new computer and have a windows 7 upgrade package. Can I install this to install on ssd drive.

Yes.
    Here is a link on how: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows-7/clean-install-windows-7-with-upgrade-media-128512

Make certain that you set the sata mode in the bios to AHCI and it is better not to have any other drives attached, or windows will create a recovery partition on it.
  3. Hello,
    I am building a new computer and have a windows 7 upgrade package. Can I install this to install on ssd drive.[/quotemsg

I bought the windows 7 professional oem version and loaded this one instead. But I am having trouble with my old external hard drive that was used on my xp system. I don't have access to all the files I saved. How can I get easy access to my saved files, pics, & documents.
  4. Best answer
    If you can boot from the xp system, run a program like windows easy transfer to export all of your files and settings .
    After you install windows, you should be able to import all or some of them.
    Programs will need to be reinstalled for the most part.
  5. Best answer selected by kponiato.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Computers SSD