Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Install windows 7 ssd

Last response: in Windows 7
October 10, 2012 2:32:47 PM

Hello,
I am building a new computer and have a windows 7 upgrade package. Can I install this to install on ssd drive.

More about : install windows ssd

a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2012 11:35:43 PM

If you have a qualifying product for the upgrade, and that license isn't being actively used by any other computer.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 11, 2012 1:46:08 AM

kponiato said:
Hello,
I am building a new computer and have a windows 7 upgrade package. Can I install this to install on ssd drive.

Yes.
Here is a link on how: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows-7/clean-ins...

Make certain that you set the sata mode in the bios to AHCI and it is better not to have any other drives attached, or windows will create a recovery partition on it.
m
l
October 21, 2012 8:52:04 PM

228098,1,1101541 said:
Hello,
I am building a new computer and have a windows 7 upgrade package. Can I install this to install on ssd drive.[/quotemsg

I bought the windows 7 professional oem version and loaded this one instead. But I am having trouble with my old external hard drive that was used on my xp system. I don't have access to all the files I saved. How can I get easy access to my saved files, pics, & documents.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2012 11:02:54 PM

If you can boot from the xp system, run a program like windows easy transfer to export all of your files and settings .
After you install windows, you should be able to import all or some of them.
Programs will need to be reinstalled for the most part.
October 22, 2012 10:03:29 AM

Best answer selected by kponiato.
m
l
!