I installed MSDE in XP 2005 professional...It installed but I donot see
it in the program list.....can anyone pls let me know ...

TIA

<zislam@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I installed MSDE in XP 2005 professional...It installed but I donot see
> it in the program list.....can anyone pls let me know ...

MSDE once installed is then accessed programmatically by the application
that required it to be installed or through development tools.
There is no user interface to this underlying service.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

<zislam@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I installed MSDE in XP 2005 professional...It installed but I donot see
> it in the program list.....can anyone pls let me know ...
>
> TIA

MSDE doesn't appear in the program list. If you look through the Program
Files folder you'll find it there and there are some program components you
can use to create your own folder in the program list (from the start bar
that is). To access the MSDE you need to do that via Visual Studio (.NET)
and invoke it throught the services tab. I haven't done this myself but you
can use the MSDE via MS Access (2000+ I think) by creating an *.adp project,
I do know you can connect to a MSDE database this way, how much MSDE
functionality you get from an adp project I don't know.

You can get alot more from
microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde

- Winux P

<zislam@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I installed MSDE in XP 2005 professional...It installed but I donot see
> it in the program list.....can anyone pls let me know ...
>
> TIA

Correction zislam, in the servers tab, not serives, though you will find it
in services as well.

- Winux P