reinstalling an uninstalled program

i had problems with one of the media players that my computer came installed
with so i uninstalled it. turns out that the program contained my computer's
dvd decoder. when i search my computer, the only file i find pertaining to
the program is a ".pf" (or prefetch file). how can i open that? or is there
any other way to reinstall the program?
3 answers Last reply
More about reinstalling uninstalled program

    svm wrote:

    > i had problems with one of the media players that my computer came
    > installed with so i uninstalled it. turns out that the program
    > contained my computer's dvd decoder. when i search my computer, the
    > only file i find pertaining to
    > the program is a ".pf" (or prefetch file). how can i open that? or is
    > there any other way to reinstall the program?

    Since the software was preinstalled with the computer, the computer
    mftr. will either have given you a cd for it or have it on their
    website to download. Look through what you received when you bought the
    computer, check the manual for instructions to restore preinstalled
    software. Go to the OEM's tech support site for your specific machine
    and look for downloads.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    In article <BCC6124F-1C2C-4450-89CF-6DD6307DEAA7@microsoft.com>, svm
    <svm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >i had problems with one of the media players that my computer came installed
    >with so i uninstalled it. turns out that the program contained my computer's
    >dvd decoder. when i search my computer, the only file i find pertaining to
    >the program is a ".pf" (or prefetch file). how can i open that? or is there
    >any other way to reinstall the program?

    Use System Restore ( in Start | All Programs | Accessories | System
    Tools) to go back to before you uninstalled the media player.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Google for a free dvd decoder than play in WMP; nvidia - if you have on -
    has a dvd decoder trial for 60 days... going on for some time noe.
    Michael

    "svm" <svm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i had problems with one of the media players that my computer came
    >installed
    > with so i uninstalled it. turns out that the program contained my
    > computer's
    > dvd decoder. when i search my computer, the only file i find pertaining to
    > the program is a ".pf" (or prefetch file). how can i open that? or is
    > there
    > any other way to reinstall the program?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP