Password

a b D Laptop
August 3, 2005 12:50:04 AM

My son changed and forgot the password on his new laptop. Is there a way to
reset the password in windows XP without being the admin.

More about : password

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 3, 2005 1:07:49 AM

Lost dad wrote:
> My son changed and forgot the password on his new laptop. Is there a way to
> reset the password in windows XP without being the admin.

Go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ and download the boot
disk, this will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
operating system.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 3, 2005 1:46:36 AM

"Lost dad" <Lost dad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>My son changed and forgot the password on his new laptop. Is there a way to
|>reset the password in windows XP without being the admin.

If the other suggestions don't work download http://tinyurl.com/cup72
Create a CD with the ISO - boot with the CD (it's bootable)

There is a password cracker for XP that I have used, not sure if it
will work if SP2 is installed.
--
Ever wonder what the rest of the world is searching for?
http://tinyurl.com/6ow99

Something here should help:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Lost dad" <Lost dad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My son changed and forgot the password on his new laptop. Is there a way
> reset the password in windows XP without being the admin.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2005 3:21:03 PM

Thank you your suggestion worked like a charm. This is a great site.

!