kamo

Distinguished
May 3, 2002
Please, advice me wich one to choose
XP 1700+ A0 revision or B0. I going to underclock for fanless operation. While B0 is the more advaced core, it runs on 1.6V instead of 1.5V.
What do you think is the 1.6V like the duron's voltage, which you can safely decrease?

:wink: <font color=green> The second time is always better than the first :wink: </font color=green>

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think the B0 is the newer core... (poss even Tbred)
dunno if I would reduce the voltage, I would just reduce the multiplier...

is it summer already ??? oh, its just the heat haze coming off my PC...

kamo

Distinguished
May 3, 2002
Lowering the voltage is much more useful because the dependace between the power consumption and the voltage is quadratic, not linear. The question I'm asking is which core will offer lower voltage?

:wink: <font color=green> The second time is always better than the first :wink: </font color=green>

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
I'm not yet in the Athlon XP league, but I got my Duron Morgan down to 1.350 V operating rock stable. Duron Morgan stock Vcore is 1.750, so I think you'll have enough headroom with a more recent core like the Thoroughbred.

Just make sure your Mobo can allow you to set lower voltage, otherwise, your only option would be to tinker with your CPU L bridges ( dunno which ones are responsible for voltage ).

Fok Speling Misstake

kamo

Distinguished
May 3, 2002
May be you're right, the newer core the better :)
My m/b can go down to 1.1V.