Registering MSMAPI32.OCX on windows 7 64 bit

WarMuse

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Hello Everyone, Let me apologize in advance if this topic has been answered, i did search but did not quite find what i am looking for.

The user is using windows 7 pro 64-bit, and Office 2010.

A third party vendor came to me and asked that i register MSMAPI32.OCX and MSCAL.OCX in order to allow the sending of mail out of their program that they have on this users PC.

My Question comes in the actual registering of the file on Windows 7, is this even possible? When i try i get the following error (even after manually downloading the file and placing it in system32.)

---------
the Module msmapi32.ocx failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found.
--------

So is there a work around to this? or since Windows 7 depreciated Simple Mapi is this not possible?

Thank you for your assistance

Solution
I haven't had to register a file since I moved from XP to Win 7, but I believe you need to place the file in the "SysWOW64" folder before registering, not "System32" The 64 bit version of regsvr32.exe in located there.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I haven't had to register a file since I moved from XP to Win 7, but I believe you need to place the file in the "SysWOW64" folder before registering, not "System32" The 64 bit version of regsvr32.exe in located there.

Solution