"Fax Printer Inaccessible" error

August 3, 2005 3:43:04 AM

I recently started having problems with my laptop's FAX utility -- I have
recently tried to FAX documents (from Word) but when the call connects my FAX
utility does not appear to proceed and the call is dropped (the FAX Monitor
also does not appear like it used to for display of the FAX progress). I
noticed in the FAX CONSOLE window that there is an error message displayed at
the extreme lower right corner--- "All fax printers are inaccessible", and
all the FILE selection options are grayed out, so the FAX CONSOLE is
basically "dead" and inoperative.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the FAX Component several times and
everything appears normal, but I still cannot send FAXes. I've examined the
FAX PROPERTIES dialog boxes (enable send/receive, select the check boxes to
display FAX monitor when sending/receiving messages, etc.) and everything
appears "normal", but I can't solve this problem.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Thanks!.......
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 5:23:46 PM

Try the fix here: http://www.petesipple.co.uk/links.html

How to troubleshoot connectivity issues that are caused by RPC client
protocol registry entries:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325930

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Perplexed" <Perplexed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I recently started having problems with my laptop's FAX utility -- I have
> recently tried to FAX documents (from Word) but when the call connects my
> FAX
> utility does not appear to proceed and the call is dropped (the FAX
> Monitor
> also does not appear like it used to for display of the FAX progress). I
> noticed in the FAX CONSOLE window that there is an error message displayed
> at
> the extreme lower right corner--- "All fax printers are inaccessible", and
> all the FILE selection options are grayed out, so the FAX CONSOLE is
> basically "dead" and inoperative.
>
> I have uninstalled/reinstalled the FAX Component several times and
> everything appears normal, but I still cannot send FAXes. I've examined
> the
> FAX PROPERTIES dialog boxes (enable send/receive, select the check boxes
> display FAX monitor when sending/receiving messages, etc.) and everything
> appears "normal", but I can't solve this problem.
>
> Has anyone seen this problem before? Thanks!.......

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:40:12 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thank you very much -- the "Faxfix" registry modification
fixes the RPC problem, and my FAX console and FAX utility are up and
running!!!!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Try the fix here: http://www.petesipple.co.uk/links.html
>
> How to troubleshoot connectivity issues that are caused by RPC client
> protocol registry entries:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325930
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Perplexed" <Perplexed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I recently started having problems with my laptop's FAX utility -- I have
> > recently tried to FAX documents (from Word) but when the call connects my
> > FAX
> > utility does not appear to proceed and the call is dropped (the FAX
> > Monitor
> > also does not appear like it used to for display of the FAX progress). I
> > noticed in the FAX CONSOLE window that there is an error message displayed
> > at
> > the extreme lower right corner--- "All fax printers are inaccessible", and
> > all the FILE selection options are grayed out, so the FAX CONSOLE is
> > basically "dead" and inoperative.
> >
> > I have uninstalled/reinstalled the FAX Component several times and
> > everything appears normal, but I still cannot send FAXes. I've examined
> > the
> > FAX PROPERTIES dialog boxes (enable send/receive, select the check boxes
> > display FAX monitor when sending/receiving messages, etc.) and everything
> > appears "normal", but I can't solve this problem.
> >
> > Has anyone seen this problem before? Thanks!.......

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 3:14:20 AM

Glad that helped!

--