Jimmy

Dear all,

How do I transfer a big amount of files from my PC and burn it on a
laptop CD-RW? Any suggestion will be appreciated !

Jimmy

So if I connect the PC and the laptop using a crossover network cable,
can I browse the PC's hard drive and select the files to be burned?
Where can I find information on how to setup 2 computer network?

Thanks

Malke

Jimmy wrote:

> Also my PC uses Win2000 and my laptop is WinXP.

Yes, you can transfer whatever files you want from the computer without
the burner to the laptop with the burner. You don't want to try and
burn the files from the Win2k box without transferring them to the
laptop's hard drive. Here are links to help you:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
http://www.ezlan.net/index.html

Another way to handle this is to buy a usb thumbdrive that has a large
enough capacity to transfer the files you want. The prices on these
tiny drives have come down and they are very reasonable. I have a 1GB
thumbdrive that I got for under $70 USD. You can get one that is 256MB
for around $25.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

"Jimmy" <ccwang22@gmail.com> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>How do I transfer a big amount of files from my PC and burn it on a
>laptop CD-RW? Any suggestion will be appreciated !

The simplest solution would be to set up a 2 computer network with the
PC and the laptop. This will require that each computer have a
network adapter and you will also need a crossover network cable to
connect the two computers with.

See http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/guide.htm

The simplest way to do what you want is to configure the PC so that
the entire hard drive is shared on the network. Then from the Laptop
you can browse the PC's hard drive and select the files to be burned
to CD.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Malke

networking@backupandsave.com wrote:

> An easy to follow tutorial with pictures, but it costs 10 bucks, is at
> http://www.leeindy.com/how_to_connect_two_computers_together.htm

With all the free information available (a lot of links to which was
already given to the OP), there is no reason for anyone to spend $10
for a tutorial.

Malke