Strange problem since upgrading BIOS

Hi

I recently upgraded the BIOS on my Latitude C800 notebook and a strange
problem appeared. Previously when booting the screen would display the
Windows 2000 logo for a period of time following the initial boot
screen. Now the screen goes completely white and stays that way until it
displays the logon window for 2000. This is annoying under windows, but
worst if I am attempting to boot from the CDROM the white screen hides
information needed to completed the boot. Has anyone experience a
similar problem and were you able to solve it?? Any and all help will be
appreciated.

I tried to go back to the level of the BIOS that was in the machine when
I first got it, but Dell won't allow one to back level the BIOS. I would
even try that.

Thanks for any help.

Dave
golferdc@charter.net

Dave Roberts wrote:
> Hi
>
> I recently upgraded the BIOS on my Latitude C800 notebook and a
> strange problem appeared. Previously when booting the screen would
> display the Windows 2000 logo for a period of time following the
> initial boot screen. Now the screen goes completely white and stays
> that way until it displays the logon window for 2000. This is
> annoying under windows, but worst if I am attempting to boot from the
> CDROM the white screen hides information needed to completed the
> boot. Has anyone experience a similar problem and were you able to
> solve it?? Any and all help will be appreciated.
>
> I tried to go back to the level of the BIOS that was in the machine
> when I first got it, but Dell won't allow one to back level the BIOS.
> I would even try that.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Dave
> golferdc@charter.net

Check in BIOS setup for a setting Clear NVRAM one time on next boot, or
something similar to remove any corruption. Also, review other BIOS
settings carefully to see if there is a boot option that might be
affecting the display. What was the update supposed to provide or
correct?