Sony cyber Shot or Cannon???

megatubai

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
i am using sony Cyber Shot DscW-210....but i am not satisfied with it's picture quality :fou: :fou: ...Coz the mountain view doesn't come good with it when i zoom the picture...the portrait quality is ok..but i want to take mountain view ....i am not a professional but it is my Hobby .. :D .....Now i want to buy a slr dg cam.In that section which is the best brand???
Also i wAnt to know about the picture quality of CANNON..Also My budget is Rs 30,000-Rs 40,000 in INDIAN currency.... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

goobaah

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
An SLR will give you much better picture quality than point and shoot cameras. You can get a 12 MP Canon for around Rs 25000 that will probably fit your needs. That price is from a US retailer with the current exchange rate. I'm not sure about buying this stuff in India and tax, etc. Nikon is also a very good brand and I believe it is easier to use. I have used and abused my Nikon D70 for 4 years and it still works like the day I got it. Canon and Nikon are huge in professional sports and nature photography, so you know those companies will be around for quite some time.

G

In this field, when given a choice between Sony who use expensive proprietary memory and Canon who don't, always go with the Canon. Or Nikon, as the other guy said.

Also, though Sony used to be exemplary for service in the 1970s, these days they do stupid restrictive stuff. Like when a Korean friend bought a Sony in London and could not download the manual in Korean because she hadn't bought the camera in Korea.

JohnnyTechSocial

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
I would say Canon FTW! As the other guy mentioned, SLR would give you WAY better picture quality and given the price drop in Digital SLRs, you really can't falter. Check out TigerDirect. They might have some good deals.