Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtsbrother

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
1_What is your budget?

£550

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?/ What screen resolution do you want

16-17 desktop replacement

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

yes, it will stay plugged in most of the time

5_How much battery life do you need??

not applicable

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

infrequently older games.. nothing excessive

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

movies and regular surfing nothing excessive

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need

300gb +

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

amazon uk

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

as long as possible 5 years plus

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

cd writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons

not dell as my old 5160 motherboard died twice... hence need new system...

13_What country do you live in

uk

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

is the above samsung r720 overkill or wise given the length of time i keep my puters?? i like the idea of a big screen and plenty of ram. i am writing on ps3 hence shorter answers!!

I think it would be a good buy, especially for the price. I haven't heard anything bad about Samsung in regard to their laptops either. Maybe some have though. What CPU are you going to go with? The Pentium or the Core 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.