Sign in with
Your question

How to change from standard to adminstrator

Last response: in Windows 7
October 10, 2012 7:18:29 PM

I can't make changes that I need since I have a different administrator that I really don't know where it came from. I want to change it to mine that is now listed as standard, not administrator. How do I do that since it's not allowing me to change any of it right now?
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2012 7:22:05 PM

Go to "Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts" and select the account in question and you can change it from standard to administrator.

Good Luck!
m
l
October 10, 2012 7:28:28 PM

edogawa said:
Go to "Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts" and select the account in question and you can change it from standard to administrator.

Good Luck!

You did not understand jeancurt's question, " I want to change it to mine that is now listed as standard, not administrator"

Something happened to change the administrator account, he does not have access to this 'magical account' that has appeared.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 10, 2012 7:34:53 PM

You would have to log into that administrator account(or another account with administrator rights), then go into the user accounts and change your standard user account to an administrator account.
m
l
a c 256 $ Windows 7
October 10, 2012 7:53:22 PM

From an administrator account you can change the user type (standard or admin) and you can delete the unknown user account.

What makes you think this is the situation (having an unknown admin account)?
m
l
!