Sign in with
Your question
Solved

My printer says paper is jammed when it isnt

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 6, 2009 2:19:22 AM

I have a cannon pixma ip3600 printer, lately it has been saying there is paper jammed inside of it but i have checked it and i cant find any, i have tried reinstalling it but with no luck. It wont even show me the print head so i cant replace my empty ink cartridges!!! any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.s i have searched for an answer but have not been able to find one that works.
September 13, 2009 5:20:14 PM

Are you sure there isn't a piece of paper lodged in there someplace? The sensor seems to detect something with the message on for some reason.
m
l
September 13, 2009 9:34:21 PM

i am ure there is no obviouse peices logged in there
m
l
Related resources
September 13, 2009 10:05:46 PM

Oh sorry, then. I bet you are annoyed when that is suggested, huh?

I am not sure then what you can do. Does the printer have a reset button? If so, maybe try pressing it before you print something.

Other than that idea, I found a link that you might try:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Printer-mechanical-problems-...

Edit: 'Just found this idea: turn the printer upside down and shake it.... other ideas are mentioned:
http://www.fixya.com/support/t119769-false_paper_jam_wa...

Good luck.
m
l
September 13, 2009 10:38:48 PM

nah im not annoyed any suggestion is helpful thanks for finding those links for me, sadly my printer doesn't have a reset button but it would be helpful if it did :) 
i will try and find that sensor, it could be stuck which makes it say there is paper jammed when there isn't so i might just open her up and take a look, and ill also see if there is anything obvious that is causing the problem.
m
l
September 15, 2009 2:44:19 AM

Try blowing it out with a can of duster. There is likely dust or a small piece of paper lodged in there.
m
l

Best solution

September 15, 2009 10:17:35 AM

"Paper may be jammed if the Rear Cover is not closed completely. Push the Rear Cover until it is closed completely" is what has been said on https://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/produ...

Hope this helps :) 
September 16, 2009 1:32:25 AM

Thanks for all of the help everyone sadly i have not been able to rectify the problem guess its time to take it back to the store , thanks again :) 
m
l
June 20, 2012 2:32:57 PM

smithinator101 said:
I have a cannon pixma ip3600 printer, lately it has been saying there is paper jammed inside of it but i have checked it and i cant find any, i have tried reinstalling it but with no luck. It wont even show me the print head so i cant replace my empty ink cartridges!!! any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.s i have searched for an answer but have not been able to find one that works.

I have a Canon PIXMA MP450. I had this problem off and on for several weeks. I have tried all of the usual suggestions; sometimes they worked, other times they did not. I had about decided that the paper sensor had gone bad and that I would have to replace my printer. But... spent about an hour looking for a solution this morning. Here is what I did that worked.
1. Go to your Computer Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Devices and Printers
2. Select your Printer Device
3. Under Printer Management, select Display Printer Properties
4. Select Maintenance
5. Select Roller Cleaning
6. Follow Prompts

Good Luck!
m
l
Anonymous
August 22, 2012 7:24:40 PM

The shaking didn't work for me .

Here's what worked . Did the 'clean the bottom plate' . Even if it showed the same error several , the roll is forced to move , and therefore forced to be cleaned. Do this bottom plate cleaning from the menu for about 7-10 times.

Cheers :bounce: 
m
l
!