Napoleon

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

Hi All,
My pc is connected to another pc and a laptop via a router.
My pc has Windows XP Home SP2, laptop Windows XP Pro. SP2,another pc Windows
XP Pro SP2.
My problem is: Another pc and laptop both can receive & send mails via
Outlook Express while my pc can NOT receive mails but can send mails out.
Can some body please help me by giving me some advice?
Thanks,
Napoleon

Gordon

"Napoleon" <bonaparte@waterloo.ii> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> My pc is connected to another pc and a laptop via a router.
> My pc has Windows XP Home SP2, laptop Windows XP Pro. SP2,another pc
> Windows XP Pro SP2.
> My problem is: Another pc and laptop both can receive & send mails via
> Outlook Express while my pc can NOT receive mails but can send mails
> out. Can some body please help me by giving me some advice?
> Thanks,
> Napoleon

What happens when you try?

Any error mesages?

Napoleon

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

No, it just says "no new mails" at the bottom of the Outlook Express window,
while the other pc and laptop both recive some mails.

> No, it just says "no new mails" at the bottom of the Outlook Express
> window, while the other pc and laptop both recive some mails.

You aren't downloading from the same email account on all three machines,
are you?

Napoleon

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

Please explain to me Gordon, I am sort of a newbie, I have set up the
accounts accordingly with the same user names, password and pop3
etc........on all computers.

> Please explain to me Gordon, I am sort of a newbie, I have set up the
> accounts accordingly with the same user names, password and pop3
> etc........on all computers.
>

> "Gordon" <gordon@gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Napoleon" <bonaparte@waterloo.ii> wrote in message
>>> No, it just says "no new mails" at the bottom of the Outlook Express
>>> window, while the other pc and laptop both recive some mails.
>>
>> You aren't downloading from the same email account on all three
>> machines, are you?

What I mean is, are the emaill addresses the same on each machine? If not,
are they in the format of fredsname@isp.com or fred@username.isp.com ?

Napoleon

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

yeah, they are all the same: username@provider.com

> yeah, they are all the same: username@provider.com

So you are accessing ONE email account from all three machines?

Napoleon

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

Oops! Can't I use the same account for all machines?

> Oops! Can't I use the same account for all machines?

yes, if you set the server settings on all three accounts to keep a copy on
the server! Then you can download all mail on all three machines. You need
to set a time limit as well, otherwise your mailbox on the ISP's server will
rapidly fill up.

Alias

I do. I suspect it's your POP3 configuration. Check to make sure that the
non working one's configuration is the same as the working one.

Alias

"Napoleon" <bonaparte@waterloo.ii> wrote

> Oops! Can't I use the same account for all machines?
>

> "Gordon" <gordon@gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Napoleon" <bonaparte@waterloo.ii> wrote in message
>>> yeah, they are all the same: username@provider.com
>>>

>> So you are accessing ONE email account from all three machines?

Napoleon

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

Hurraaahhhh, that's it, you are a genious Gorden, I've seen dat check-mark
about leaving a copy on the server, it is not checked, thanks a lot Gordon,
bye
Cheers
Napoleon

> "Napoleon" <bonaparte@waterloo.ii> wrote in message
>> Oops! Can't I use the same account for all machines?
>>
> yes, if you set the server settings on all three accounts to keep a copy
> on
> the server! Then you can download all mail on all three machines. You need
> to set a time limit as well, otherwise your mailbox on the ISP's server
> will
> rapidly fill up.

TRENDING THREADS