Disabling balloon pop-up sounds

Scott

How can I disable to annoying 'pop' noise that is played everytime my
internet connection comes on/off?

I tried the regedit that appears on Kellys Korner but that only seems to
disable system beeps and not the individual sound from the task bar.

Malke

Scott wrote:

> How can I disable to annoying 'pop' noise that is played everytime my
> internet connection comes on/off?
>
> I tried the regedit that appears on Kellys Korner but that only seems
> to disable system beeps and not the individual sound from the task
> bar.

Look in the program that you are using to connect to the Internet. Look
for options for the sounds and turn them off. For example, if you use
Earthlink's Total Access, you would open it and look for options or
preferences. Another place to look is in the Sounds applet in Control
Panel and disable any sounds there.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Shawn

Open up "Sounds and Audio Devices" in Control Panel.
On the "Sounds" tab, find "System Notification"
Change the associated event sound to "none."

"Malke" wrote:

> Scott wrote:
>
> > How can I disable to annoying 'pop' noise that is played everytime my
> > internet connection comes on/off?
> >
> > I tried the regedit that appears on Kellys Korner but that only seems
> > to disable system beeps and not the individual sound from the task
> > bar.
>
> Look in the program that you are using to connect to the Internet. Look
> for options for the sounds and turn them off. For example, if you use
> Earthlink's Total Access, you would open it and look for options or
> preferences. Another place to look is in the Sounds applet in Control
> Panel and disable any sounds there.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Scott

The Internet application I use (Conexant ADSL Networking Gateway Control
Application) has no control panel at all, just an "information about..."
pop-up. However, Shawn's suggestion seems to have worked. Thank you for your
help!

Cheers!

Scott