Sign in with
Your question

Printer query

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 7, 2009 6:47:26 PM

I am wondering if printer heads fail suddenly. I have an iMac with a Canon i560 which was printing well and then failed from one page to the next and printed only black dots and smudges in the pattern of the letter. Grayscale is the same.
Cartridges are full, printer utility was used for cleaning, etc. but nothing has made a difference. Any ideas?

More about : printer query

September 8, 2009 9:04:09 PM

Sometimes this problem is as simple as the printer drivers becoming corrupt. Try uninstalling the drivers then reinstalling them. I had that problem once and reinstalling the drivers fixed it.
m
l
September 9, 2009 1:01:03 AM

Thank you very much. I will try that.
m
l
Related resources
September 15, 2009 8:38:39 AM

Any luck with reinstalling the printer drivers?
m
l
September 17, 2009 5:45:43 AM

Need help on this one..my printer stopped while printing with a paper jam. Removed the jam and the printer turned off. Now it won't turn on. If I remove the power cord and plug it in...it turns on for a splt second and the turns off. I have rebuteed my computer and still nothing.
Has anyone had this problem before?
Thanks
m
l
September 17, 2009 11:35:39 AM

neilkevin said:
Need help on this one..my printer stopped while printing with a paper jam. Removed the jam and the printer turned off. Now it won't turn on. If I remove the power cord and plug it in...it turns on for a splt second and the turns off. I have rebuteed my computer and still nothing.
Has anyone had this problem before?
Thanks

You should start your own thread for this.

Browse your manual under the troubleshooting section.
m
l
September 24, 2009 3:37:23 AM

No, I'm afraid not. I now have a new printer as apparently these things are not fixed anymore. But thank you for your advice.
m
l
!