for those going to the rockford, IL pinball auction

I just attended the wisconin pinball/arcade auction. Even thou ours
was pathetic this year. (had only 6 pins). For anyone new (me
included) going to the rockford one comming weekend. Don't forget
about that damn 13% auction charge on top of the 5.6% sales tax. I
just took it in the butt at our. Ended up buying a near flawless TOM
for $2700 due to the fact I forgot about the 18% extra charges. Which
still isn't bad for a extremly nice TOM. but it did put a damper on my
excitment. LOL I know i'll NEVER forget about that again at a live
auction. :)

I went to the preview today, there are 40-50 pinballs out of over 1000
lots. The pinballs are primarily 80's vintage. Here is a partial list
with some notes. Some games I only glanced at.

Auction is held outside, going through the catalog. There is no room
inside for the crowds. There were TONS of videos.

TZ - No DMD, went to ball search. Cosmetically pretty good.
ST:TNG - No Display, no power driver board, PF was good, missing ramp,
trough brd
WH2O - w/Topper, no BG or DMD. Appeared to be running, but could not
start a game. Includes free drumstick and CD on PF. PF nice, Cab
decent.
Party Zone
LW3
POTO - Peeling BG
Teed Off
Demo Man
JP
LAH
Big Hurt (not set up)

2 Taxis 1 nice, 1 beat
4-5 Comets in varying condition. Most had nice PFs
2-3 Cyclones - decent
2 F-14s
Game Show
Riverboat Gambler - decent cosmetically, game started.
Earthshaker - This one should clean up very nicely.
Grand Lizard - upper PF wear, no power cord.
DE Simpsons

Phoenix - Nice cosmetically
Time Warp - looked nice
2 Disco Fever
Stellar Wars - some PF wear
Firepower - no displays or boards. painted head
Flight 2000 - no BG

Sinbad - decent shape
Solar Ride
Spiderman

Heavy Metal Meltdown
Bonebusters
Rolling Stones

Line Drive Baseball
Miss Universe - no BG
Mystic Gate (?)

Tim

Another caveat, you cannot take the game with you until MONDAY !!!!!
At least that what my mail in card said. I guess you are going to have
to TRUST that nothing happens to your purchase between SAT and then,
and you have to make another trip on a workday. Great planning by these
guys.

Pinabll Bob

They are clearing out somebody's warehouse, shelves and all. Given the
layout and location, it would be physically impossible to get all the
games auctioned and out the same day. Website says removal starts on
Sunday.

Tim

kul4skool1@hotmail.com wrote:
> Another caveat, you cannot take the game with you until MONDAY !!!!!
> At least that what my mail in card said. I guess you are going to have
> to TRUST that nothing happens to your purchase between SAT and then,
> and you have to make another trip on a workday. Great planning by these
> guys.
>
> Pinabll Bob

Latest posts