RUNDLL error

Greetings.
I hope someone can help me out. I have windows XP running on a Dell
desktop. Everything APPEARS to be running just fine. However, whenever I
power up I get the following error message:

RUNDLL
Error Loading C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll The
specified module could not be found.

I click the "OK" on the error pop-up message and then everything loads and
runs fine.

Can you tell me what this error message is all about and how do I get rid of
it so it stops popping up everytime I power up.

Thank you in advance for your help!

SRS
5 answers Last reply
More about rundll error

    Look in this registry key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi­crosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion­\Run

    For an entry named:

    WildTangent CDA

    Delete that entry and you will no longer get the error message.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "SRS" wrote:

    | Greetings.
    | I hope someone can help me out. I have windows XP running on a Dell
    | desktop. Everything APPEARS to be running just fine. However, whenever I
    | power up I get the following error message:
    |
    | RUNDLL
    | Error Loading C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll The
    | specified module could not be found.
    |
    | I click the "OK" on the error pop-up message and then everything loads and
    | runs fine.
    |
    | Can you tell me what this error message is all about and how do I get rid of
    | it so it stops popping up everytime I power up.
    |
    | Thank you in advance for your help!
    |
    | SRS

    Alan & Carey:
    WOW...THANK YOU for your really quick response. I really appreciate it.
    Scumware eh? I'm guessing having teenagers on this computer probably had
    something to do with it.

    Yes...I've cleaned up things. And...I'm not really good around computers,
    so when you say to "Look in this registry key..." how do I do this?

    Thank you again.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Look in this registry key:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi­crosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion­\Run
    >
    > For an entry named:
    >
    > WildTangent CDA
    >
    > Delete that entry and you will no longer get the error message.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "SRS" wrote:
    >
    > | Greetings.
    > | I hope someone can help me out. I have windows XP running on a Dell
    > | desktop. Everything APPEARS to be running just fine. However, whenever I
    > | power up I get the following error message:
    > |
    > | RUNDLL
    > | Error Loading C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll The
    > | specified module could not be found.
    > |
    > | I click the "OK" on the error pop-up message and then everything loads and
    > | runs fine.
    > |
    > | Can you tell me what this error message is all about and how do I get rid of
    > | it so it stops popping up everytime I power up.
    > |
    > | Thank you in advance for your help!
    > |
    > | SRS

    Go to Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "SRS" wrote:

    | Alan & Carey:
    | WOW...THANK YOU for your really quick response. I really appreciate it.
    | Scumware eh? I'm guessing having teenagers on this computer probably had
    | something to do with it.
    |
    | Yes...I've cleaned up things. And...I'm not really good around computers,
    | so when you say to "Look in this registry key..." how do I do this?
    |
    | Thank you again.

    Wild Tangent is scumware.

    You may only have a Registry entry left for the Wild Tangent scumware
    if you have cleaned up.
    If so, disable it in Msconfig.
    (Start-Run-MSCONFIG-Startup tab)

    If not....
    Have a read through these:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?ie=UTF-8&q=%22wild+tangent%22+microsoft.public&qt_s=Search

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 05:15:03 -0700, SRS <SRS@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote:

    >Greetings.
    >I hope someone can help me out. I have windows XP running on a Dell
    >desktop. Everything APPEARS to be running just fine. However, whenever I
    >power up I get the following error message:
    >
    >RUNDLL
    >Error Loading C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll The
    >specified module could not be found.
    >
    >I click the "OK" on the error pop-up message and then everything loads and
    >runs fine.
    >
    >Can you tell me what this error message is all about and how do I get rid of
    >it so it stops popping up everytime I power up.
    >
    >Thank you in advance for your help!
    >
    >SRS

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    First timeI have been on this site and I seem to have found the answer to my
    problem going to sigh out now to try it BUT THANKSTHIS HAS BEEN BUGGING ME
    FOR MONTHS
    --
    stork butter

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Go to Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "SRS" wrote:
    >
    > | Alan & Carey:
    > | WOW...THANK YOU for your really quick response. I really appreciate it.
    > | Scumware eh? I'm guessing having teenagers on this computer probably had
    > | something to do with it.
    > |
    > | Yes...I've cleaned up things. And...I'm not really good around computers,
    > | so when you say to "Look in this registry key..." how do I do this?
    > |
    > | Thank you again.

Error Message Windows XP