After XP Pro install, can I read data off old drive?

August 3, 2005 9:27:07 AM

Have new 80GB HD not installed yet.
Current 60GB HD has ME OS on it.
Ready to make 80GB Primary HD and 60GB slave.

Ready to install XP Pro on New HD. Can I read data off old drive (that has
ME on it) after I install XP Pro on New drive?

--
Boro
August 3, 2005 11:08:02 AM

thanks guys!

--
Boro

"Chas" wrote:

> Have new 80GB HD not installed yet.
> Current 60GB HD has ME OS on it.
> Ready to make 80GB Primary HD and 60GB slave.
>
> Ready to install XP Pro on New HD. Can I read data off old drive (that has
> ME on it) after I install XP Pro on New drive?
>
> --
> Boro
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 1:05:36 PM

"Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Have new 80GB HD not installed yet.
>Current 60GB HD has ME OS on it.
>Ready to make 80GB Primary HD and 60GB slave.
>
>Ready to install XP Pro on New HD. Can I read data off old drive (that has
>ME on it) after I install XP Pro on New drive?

There shouldn't be any problem with this. Assuming you get the jumpers
and cables properly set up, you'll be able to read from and write to
the old drive just fine.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

Chas wrote:
> Have new 80GB HD not installed yet.
> Current 60GB HD has ME OS on it.
> Ready to make 80GB Primary HD and 60GB slave.
>
> Ready to install XP Pro on New HD. Can I read data off old drive (that has
> ME on it) after I install XP Pro on New drive?

Unless the old drive is defective, certainly.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm