After XP Pro install, can I read data off old drive?

Have new 80GB HD not installed yet.
Current 60GB HD has ME OS on it.
Ready to make 80GB Primary HD and 60GB slave.

Ready to install XP Pro on New HD. Can I read data off old drive (that has
ME on it) after I install XP Pro on New drive?

--
Boro
3 answers Last reply

    thanks guys!

    --
    Boro

    "Chas" <Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Have new 80GB HD not installed yet.
    >Current 60GB HD has ME OS on it.
    >Ready to make 80GB Primary HD and 60GB slave.
    >
    >Ready to install XP Pro on New HD. Can I read data off old drive (that has
    >ME on it) after I install XP Pro on New drive?

    There shouldn't be any problem with this. Assuming you get the jumpers
    and cables properly set up, you'll be able to read from and write to
    the old drive just fine.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)

    Chas wrote:
    > Have new 80GB HD not installed yet.
    > Current 60GB HD has ME OS on it.
    > Ready to make 80GB Primary HD and 60GB slave.
    >
    > Ready to install XP Pro on New HD. Can I read data off old drive (that has
    > ME on it) after I install XP Pro on New drive?

    Unless the old drive is defective, certainly.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm