Inspiron 8100 cannot 'see' its external power supply

Paul

Splendid

I always have main power connected, but only a battery icon appears in
systray. I can see charging lamp flashing -so I am sure that the power
adapter is working. In addition, I have tried this adapter on another I8K .
It is 100% OK.
Normally, this should be a problemless situation, but it prevents me from
flashing a new bios.
I get an error message telling something like 'No power being connected'

I would like to update the present A07 bios to the latest A15.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005
By Ed Foster

In most businesses, when a product is discovered to have a
defect that's
likely to cause it to fail, the manufacturer issues a recall
for the
affected units. Is there any reason that shouldn't be true
in the
computer industry as well? That's what many IT mangers with
large
installations of Dell Optiplex GX270 systems have to be
wondering right now.

Seems the "bulging capacitor" problem isn't over yet and has
bitten Dell.
Full story at; requires login.
http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2005/8/30/0141/79530