Hi,

I'm trying to execute a crob job but got this error message :

03.08.2005 14:55 Error in crontab, line 1: improper value.

here is my crontab :

#execute each minute
*/1 * * * * perl C:\Apache2\cgi-bin\get_hour_enchere.pl

thanks in advance

From: "Alexandre Jaquet" <""alexjaquet\"@[no spam]msn.com">

| Hi,
|
| I'm trying to execute a crob job but got this error message :
|
| 03.08.2005 14:55 Error in crontab, line 1: improper value.
|
| here is my crontab :
|
| #execute each minute
| */1 * * * * perl C:\Apache2\cgi-bin\get_hour_enchere.pl
|
| thanks in advance

Please ask in a Perl or other scripting News Group.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Alexandre Jaquet <""alexjaquet\"@[no spam]msn.com"> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to execute a crob job but got this error message :
>
>03.08.2005 14:55 Error in crontab, line 1: improper value.
>
>here is my crontab :
>
>#execute each minute
>*/1 * * * * perl C:\Apache2\cgi-bin\get_hour_enchere.pl

AFAIK, cron is a Unix utility and doesn't exist in WinXP (or any other
Windows OS).

But I do know something about Unix. According to the man page on the
Unix system I have access to:

Each of these patterns (the first five fields on the crontab
line)may be either an asterisk (meaning all legal values)
or a list of elements separated by commas. An element
is either a number or two numbers separated by a
minus sign (meaning an inclusive range).

The first field in your line doesn't follow this rule. I'd guess that
to get your utility to execute each minute the line would look like
this:

* * * * * perl C:\Apache2\cgi-bin\get_hour_enchere.pl

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)