Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Olympus Fe-4010

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 17, 2011 10:41:49 PM

XD card formatting help, because when i put it into the camera, it wont work. the card is brand new, and it says clean card, or format, and when i press to format, it says card error.

More about : olympus 4010

a b w Digital camera
December 21, 2011 2:10:55 AM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

Do other cards format ok in the camera? There are quite a bit of fake cards on the market these days.
Score
January 1, 2012 12:14:53 AM

The thing is that I've already tried an sd card, and it isnt compatible with the camera, and the XD card was bought at a Best Buy, and is a PNY brand XD- Picture Card.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b w Digital camera
January 1, 2012 9:29:34 AM

macrgm1 said:
The thing is that I've already tried an sd card, and it isnt compatible with the camera, and the XD card was bought at a Best Buy, and is a PNY brand XD- Picture Card.

The fake cards are extremely hard to detect, and sometimes originate from the factory itself!

Unscrupulous employees get access to defective or sub-standard cards, use factory packaging and sell them on the secondary market. Sooner or later, these fake cards get mixed in with the legitimate cards, and there lies the problem. I am not implying that all cards sold at reputable stores are fake, but what I am saying is that there are some fakes unwittingly sold at reputable stores.

I read about this on one of 'Kim Kommando's Newsletters' - if you search her newsletters/tech articles data base, you may find the writeup. Scary!

Try your card in a different camera; maybe on a demo camera at the store. This may provide further insight to the issue.

Good luck and Happy New Year!
January 8, 2012 3:20:43 AM

Best answer selected by macrgm1.
Score
January 8, 2012 3:22:15 AM

Alright thanks for helping out. I really appreciate it, and u were right. Thanks again.
Score
a b w Digital camera
January 8, 2012 12:01:37 PM

Thank you!
Score
January 22, 2012 5:47:06 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!