MN-700 & Verizon DSL PPPoE Problem

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 30, 2004 10:37:04 AM

I just upgraded to 802.11g from 802.11b by replacing my Linksys wireless router with the Microsoft MN-700. My Desktop PC, Westell 2100 DSL Modem and MN-700 are all powered by the same power strip. When I had the Linksys router and powered up the PC,DSL & Router the Router and DSL modem who sync and the PC could browse the Internet with no problem or delay. Now I find that I can not do the same with the MN-700. If I do the MN-700 can not see the Westell 2100 modem since it is still trying to sync with the dslam. Once the Westell is ready the MN-700 has given up on trying to connect. I then have to unplug the MN-700 to get it to sync with the Westell modem before I can get connected to the Internet. Once I do this I'm ok until I restart everything again. Any Ideas on how to get the MN-700 to function as the linksys router did?
July 30, 2004 12:48:17 PM

Dear djben,

Your first problem. Verizon DSL is NOT PPPoE.

I've had Verison ADSL service for 4 years. Setup the MN-
700 to "Obtain IP".