Apple 16/600 Windows 7

Hello,
I've received a netbook with Windows 7. We have an Apple printer LaserWriter 16/600 and we often use it to print postscript pages (by the network, with Ethernet link). But with the new pc, no Apple driver and i don't find any solution to use this old printer.
5 answers Last reply
More about apple windows
  1. You would have to check with apple if they provide the Driver...

Or you could just check if native Drivers do the Work.... Windows 7 has a Huge Native Driver base...

Check start---> Device and printers . if the Device is listed right click for the options.

This might work
  2. Did you ever find a driver that works? Let me know, as I'm also looking for the same thing.
  3. My Apple 12/600 is in Post Script mode and connected via TCP/IP to my PC
    I'm running Windows7 HOME PREMIUM 64 bit
    I found no driver for my printer.

So it works for me with the following:

Install the Bullzip PDF writer - freeware (it comes (loads) with ghostscript files)
    Install a hp color LaserJet 2550 PS driver as a local printer which prints via TCP/IP to my Apple 12/600, but any printer should do the job.
    Then change the driver of this HP2550 Printer to the "Bullzip PDF Printer" in the printer setup menue.(Printingprocessor winprint RAW).

In first attempt I tried to print via the laser jet2550 printer driver but this failed all the time. Therfore I changed the printer driver to the bullzip driver.

The TCP/IP portnumber was set automatically to Port 9100 and RAW protocol.
    I changed nothing there.
  4. Phosphore said:
    Hello,
    I've received a netbook with Windows 7. We have an Apple printer LaserWriter 16/600 and we often use it to print postscript pages (by the network, with Ethernet link). But with the new pc, no Apple driver and i don't find any solution to use this old printer.

I created a functional driver for windows 7 64bit systems.
    Should also work on Vista 64bit.

Link: http://www.groe.be/apple16600x64.zip
    No .exe file, only clean driver files !

I created it though a guide from the www.heise.de

If you want to use your printer via network, you might also need to do this (i did that step, don´t know it´s necessary):
    Go to control-panel -> Programs -> Activate or deactivate windows functions ->
    Print- and document-services: Activate LPD-Printservice. press "ok" ;)

Now add your printer: use "local printer" -> "use new port":Select LPR Port-> Now add your printers IP-protocol at "LPD-servername" and a name of your choice at "printers name".->use my driver.

That is all.

Sorry for my english, i directly translated it from the german Win7 version, some things will differ in translation.
  5. Hi

The link for the 64 bit driver no longer works. Is there another link for the driver

Would be a great help

Thanks

Korma said:
    I created a functional driver for windows 7 64bit systems.
    Should also work on Vista 64bit.

Link: http://www.groe.be/apple16600x64.zip
    No .exe file, only clean driver files !

I created it though a guide from the www.heise.de

If you want to use your printer via network, you might also need to do this (i did that step, don´t know it´s necessary):
    Go to control-panel -> Programs -> Activate or deactivate windows functions ->
    Print- and document-services: Activate LPD-Printservice. press "ok" ;)

Now add your printer: use "local printer" -> "use new port":Select LPR Port-> Now add your printers IP-protocol at "LPD-servername" and a name of your choice at "printers name".->use my driver.

That is all.

Sorry for my english, i directly translated it from the german Win7 version, some things will differ in translation.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 Apple Printers