Sign in with
Your question

Apple 16/600 Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
March 26, 2010 8:35:01 PM

Hello,
I've received a netbook with Windows 7. We have an Apple printer LaserWriter 16/600 and we often use it to print postscript pages (by the network, with Ethernet link). But with the new pc, no Apple driver and i don't find any solution to use this old printer.

More about : apple 600 windows

March 26, 2010 8:55:06 PM

You would have to check with apple if they provide the Driver...

Or you could just check if native Drivers do the Work.... Windows 7 has a Huge Native Driver base...

Check start---> Device and printers . if the Device is listed right click for the options.

This might work
m
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 22, 2010 12:07:59 AM

Did you ever find a driver that works? Let me know, as I'm also looking for the same thing.
m
l
Related resources
July 7, 2011 1:54:58 PM

My Apple 12/600 is in Post Script mode and connected via TCP/IP to my PC
I'm running Windows7 HOME PREMIUM 64 bit
I found no driver for my printer.

So it works for me with the following:

Install the Bullzip PDF writer - freeware (it comes (loads) with ghostscript files)
Install a hp color LaserJet 2550 PS driver as a local printer which prints via TCP/IP to my Apple 12/600, but any printer should do the job.
Then change the driver of this HP2550 Printer to the "Bullzip PDF Printer" in the printer setup menue.(Printingprocessor winprint RAW).

In first attempt I tried to print via the laser jet2550 printer driver but this failed all the time. Therfore I changed the printer driver to the bullzip driver.

The TCP/IP portnumber was set automatically to Port 9100 and RAW protocol.
I changed nothing there.
m
l
November 18, 2011 7:52:56 AM

Phosphore said:
Hello,
I've received a netbook with Windows 7. We have an Apple printer LaserWriter 16/600 and we often use it to print postscript pages (by the network, with Ethernet link). But with the new pc, no Apple driver and i don't find any solution to use this old printer.

I created a functional driver for windows 7 64bit systems.
Should also work on Vista 64bit.

Link: http://www.groe.be/apple16600x64.zip
No .exe file, only clean driver files !

I created it though a guide from the www.heise.de

If you want to use your printer via network, you might also need to do this (i did that step, don´t know it´s necessary):
Go to control-panel -> Programs -> Activate or deactivate windows functions ->
Print- and document-services: Activate LPD-Printservice. press "ok" ;) 

Now add your printer: use "local printer" -> "use new port":Select LPR Port-> Now add your printers IP-protocol at "LPD-servername" and a name of your choice at "printers name".->use my driver.

That is all.

Sorry for my english, i directly translated it from the german Win7 version, some things will differ in translation.
m
l
October 6, 2012 10:45:10 AM

Hi

The link for the 64 bit driver no longer works. Is there another link for the driver

Would be a great help

Thanks

Korma said:
I created a functional driver for windows 7 64bit systems.
Should also work on Vista 64bit.

Link: http://www.groe.be/apple16600x64.zip
No .exe file, only clean driver files !

I created it though a guide from the www.heise.de

If you want to use your printer via network, you might also need to do this (i did that step, don´t know it´s necessary):
Go to control-panel -> Programs -> Activate or deactivate windows functions ->
Print- and document-services: Activate LPD-Printservice. press "ok" ;) 

Now add your printer: use "local printer" -> "use new port":Select LPR Port-> Now add your printers IP-protocol at "LPD-servername" and a name of your choice at "printers name".->use my driver.

That is all.

Sorry for my english, i directly translated it from the german Win7 version, some things will differ in translation.

m
l
!