Remove computer from my network places.

August 3, 2005 1:28:53 PM

We have some outside vendors that have plugged into the network. They have
left but when you go into My Netwotk places there workgroups still show up.
How can I remove these. I thought it would refresh automatically.

I should mention that it has been months since they were here. Thanks.
August 3, 2005 1:28:54 PM

Bobby wrote:

> We have some outside vendors that have plugged into the network. They
> have left but when you go into My Netwotk places there workgroups
> still show up. How can I remove these. I thought it would refresh
> automatically.
>
> I should mention that it has been months since they were here.
> Thanks.

What happens when you right-click the icon for the foreign workgroups
and choose "Delete"?

Mlake
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

There is no delete option. Only open, explore, properties.

news:o zDdwYDmFHA.1480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Bobby wrote:
>
>> We have some outside vendors that have plugged into the network. They
>> have left but when you go into My Netwotk places there workgroups
>> still show up. How can I remove these. I thought it would refresh
>> automatically.
>>
>> I should mention that it has been months since they were here.
>> Thanks.
>
> What happens when you right-click the icon for the foreign workgroups
> and choose "Delete"?
>
> Mlake
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Related resources
August 4, 2005 12:03:04 AM

Bobby wrote:

> There is no delete option. Only open, explore, properties.
>

> "Malke" <invalid@not-real.com> wrote in message
> news:o zDdwYDmFHA.1480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Bobby wrote:
>>
>>> We have some outside vendors that have plugged into the network.
>>> They have left but when you go into My Netwotk places there
>>> workgroups still show up. How can I remove these. I thought it would
>>> refresh automatically.
>>>
>>> I should mention that it has been months since they were here.
>>> Thanks.

Then I'm sorry but I don't know. Usually foreign workgroups will go away
after a while, but you say it has been months. Maybe you'll have better
luck posting in the microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.

I'm sorry I was unable to answer you.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:45:18 AM

If you right click within the "My Shared Places" window and select
"Arrange Icons By" -> "Computer" then delete all the files shown as
being shared by the redundant vendor then Windows XP SHOULD auto delete
the reference to that vendor.Hope this may help.

--
parthian