International keyboard

Hi,
every time when I for example want to write the text:

John said: 'OK!'

I have to press the spacebar after pressing ' , otherwise I get a
special character: Ó.

My XP automatically creates special characters for me, what I really
don't want. Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Thanks,
Peter

Found the answer myself, for those of you interested:
I have changed the keyboard from US-International to US.

Now the problem is solved and I can start enjoying XP again..:)

KR
Peter

TRENDING THREADS