bks File format

Due to people deleting and losing their PST files, I have been trying to
write an exe, to backup the PST, I don't want to have to rewrite a Batch
file, and create a bks, and task everytime someone uses a machine, but would
like it to work from an exe, the exe finds the machine to backup to, this is
a constant, creates a bks, creates a bat file, calls said file from a
dosprompt, runs ntbackup, and fails to back anything up, have opened up a
bks created by NTBackup in notepad, it looks identical to the one I created,
but mine won't load into NTBackup, does anyone have any ideas.

dl

If you attempt to backup a pst, whilst OL is open the backup will
fail/corrupt as also may the origonal pst.
Thought of using the free MS Outlook Backup addin?

"Dave Cooper" <dave.cooper@instem-lss.com> wrote in message
> Due to people deleting and losing their PST files, I have been trying to
> write an exe, to backup the PST, I don't want to have to rewrite a Batch
> file, and create a bks, and task everytime someone uses a machine, but
would
> like it to work from an exe, the exe finds the machine to backup to, this
is
> a constant, creates a bks, creates a bat file, calls said file from a
> dosprompt, runs ntbackup, and fails to back anything up, have opened up a
> bks created by NTBackup in notepad, it looks identical to the one I
created,
> but mine won't load into NTBackup, does anyone have any ideas.

How about using the autoarchive function? Maybe save it to a Home drive on a
server or something similar.

"DL" wrote:

> If you attempt to backup a pst, whilst OL is open the backup will
> fail/corrupt as also may the origonal pst.
> Thought of using the free MS Outlook Backup addin?
>
> "Dave Cooper" <dave.cooper@instem-lss.com> wrote in message
> > Due to people deleting and losing their PST files, I have been trying to
> > write an exe, to backup the PST, I don't want to have to rewrite a Batch
> > file, and create a bks, and task everytime someone uses a machine, but
> would
> > like it to work from an exe, the exe finds the machine to backup to, this
> is
> > a constant, creates a bks, creates a bat file, calls said file from a
> > dosprompt, runs ntbackup, and fails to back anything up, have opened up a
> > bks created by NTBackup in notepad, it looks identical to the one I
> created,
> > but mine won't load into NTBackup, does anyone have any ideas.

dl

MS doesnt support the use of a pst over a network, can and does lead to
corruption