WinXP Desktop PC. Shutdown and Restart options unavailable

After I logon as user, these options are not available, they are not grayed
out, they simply are not there. If I logon as the administrator, the options
are there. Please help.

"Hugh" <Hugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>After I logon as user, these options are not available, they are not grayed
|>out, they simply are not there. If I logon as the administrator, the options
|>are there. Please help.

Those options can be en/disable'd in the group policies
Start\Run gpedit.msc <enter> snoop around.

A work around if you want is to do what I do and create a shortcut
with: shutdown.exe -s -t 0
I put this in my quick launch bar and shutdown is immediate.

--
Ever wonder what the rest of the world is searching for?
http://tinyurl.com/6ow99