Files Burned to a CD in other versions of Windows

When I try to open a fil.pdf) that was burned on a cd on another PC (win
2000), the cd appears blank. Cannot see the files. When I put the cd back in
the other PC it works fine.

How did you burn the CD in Windows 2000? If you used "packet-writing"
software (DirectCD, Drag to CD, InCD) then XP will not see the file until
you install the compatible version of the software in XP.

"scruffkohler" <scruffkohler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to open a fil.pdf) that was burned on a cd on another PC (win
> 2000), the cd appears blank. Cannot see the files. When I put the cd back
> in
> the other PC it works fine.

When the CD was saved it was not saved with the option of playing in all CD players. It was probably just closed as Save and it is now in a proprietary state and will only play in the computer where it was done. You will need to redo the CD and to Save at the finish with the right option.

--
Peter