Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmad_36

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
A friend has aked me to sell his high end Marantz CDA 94 D/A converter. He is an entusiast. He has added wooden feet to enhance the performance of this unit !

I have no idea how much the unit is worth. I can't find such unit on UK ebay, butI have just seen on US ebay a pair comprising CD94 and CDA 94, at a ridiculously high price.

I would be obliged if a member could advise me at what price I should pitch this item on UK e-bay to achieve a sale at a realistic price. The unit is extremely heavy so will be sold to a UK buyer.
Many thanks.
M Ahmad

dmn122

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Dear Ahmad,

Marantz CDA-94 should be treated as a modification/upgrade unit. It's main value lies in, now, highly appreciated DAC chip TDA1541.

I am willing to pay 500 GBP alt. 600 EUR for the unit. Please let me know if you are interested. Thank you.

I live in Sweden, but if you are not willing to ship it overseas I can arrange an addres in UK.

Best regards,

darko marijan

audio eng.

selected_fidelity@yahoo.com

Ahmad_36

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Hello Darko Marijan
I have just spoken to my friend, and he will be happy to sell it to you for £500.0/600 Euros plus the actual shipping costs to Sweden or a UK address as you wish.
Please e-mail me to discuss this further and how you propose to pay.

Kind regards

M Ahmad
mahmadm@talktalk.net
Phone: 044 1228541625

dmn122

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hejjo Ahmad,

How much will it cost to send the DAC to Sweden?

Best regards,

darko

p. s. Is it black or champagne?

Ahmad_36

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Hello Darko
The CDA-94 is black with removable Mahogany side panels. It comes with Operating Instructions.
The owner, being a purist had the mains on off switch by passed professionally as other purists had this mod done. The mains switch is still there, just by-passed.

There is DHL and others who will deliver to Sweden, and if urgent delivery is not required and 3/5 days is acceptable then it can be done for about 40 Pounds sterling, insured for 600.0 pounds sterling. It could be a few pounds plus minus which can be charged or refunded as appropriate.

Regards
MA

dmn122

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Dear Ahmad,

I gave the offer in belief that the DAC is champagne version. The black version is much cheaper on the second hand market and there's one CDA-94 black in Sweden which is for sale for ca 300 GBP with 6 months guarantee and even that price is negotiable:

http://rehifi.jetshop.se/ShowProduct.aspx?prodid=4940

If the unit your friend's selling in the best possible condition for its age and fuly functional it's worth ca 200 - 250 GBP with private sale.

Regards,

darko

Status
Not open for further replies.