Sign in with
Your question

Dark vertical area on LCD TV

Last response: in Home Theatre
October 31, 2010 12:31:10 AM

I have a vertical area that is slightly darker than the rest of the screen. It is on the right side and is about 5 inches wide and goes from top to bottom.

Could this be the edge connector or the video card?

More about : dark vertical area lcd

November 2, 2010 8:27:01 PM

Yes. Set your video card to overscan if it'll fix it. Sometimes the settings get ruin when updating the drivers.
m
l
July 29, 2012 7:04:30 AM

rexter said:
Yes. Set your video card to overscan if it'll fix it. Sometimes the settings get ruin when updating the drivers.

How is that done? I have dark areas on my LCD as well, and sometimes the imprint of a logo stays behind like a ghost...
m
l
September 7, 2012 3:16:38 AM

TVgirl said:
How is that done? I have dark areas on my LCD as well, and sometimes the imprint of a logo stays behind like a ghost...

Set your LCD up to the highest resolution of 1080 or 720, if you can't then your computer will automatically adjust the setting. Your video source/movie source must output the same resolution or higher to get optimum resolution because if not, you'll get black bars on both sides, left and right or top and bottom. This is due to Aspect Ratio used to film the event. Only way to remove the black bars is to stretch the display or by compressing, distorting the images that will look fat or tall.

Read more on the link Below.

http://www.cinemasource.com/articles/aspect_ratios.pdf
m
l
!