Turn off monitor

August 4, 2005 3:40:30 AM

I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop to turn off the monitor
immediately like power saving in 10 min inactivity. The monitor will turn
on as soon as any key is pressed. Can someone advise how to accomplish it.

Thanks,

Ray

More about : turn monitor

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2005 3:40:31 AM

Ray wrote:

> I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop to turn off the monitor
> immediately like power saving in 10 min inactivity. The monitor will turn
> on as soon as any key is pressed. Can someone advise how to accomplish it.

Hi,

Wizmo.exe (freeware)
http://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm

Try this:
wizmo.exe monoff

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
August 4, 2005 8:59:35 PM

Torgeir,

That is exact what I need. Many thanks!

I have a confusion between the explanation and the photo on the website. I
should place the wizmo.exe in c:\windows\system folder according to the
explanation while the screen capture is placed in the folder of
c:\windows\system32. I currently put it into the latter one, create a
shortcut on the desktop, change the Target to C:\WINDOWS\system32\wizmo.exe
monoff and works. Doesn't it matter to place it in either foler?

Ray

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
news:o p5YEeEmFHA.2860@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Ray wrote:
>
>> I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop to turn off the monitor
>> immediately like power saving in 10 min inactivity. The monitor will
>> turn on as soon as any key is pressed. Can someone advise how to
>> accomplish it.
>>
> Hi,
>
> Wizmo.exe (freeware)
> http://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm
>
> Try this:
> wizmo.exe monoff

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.m...
a b C Monitor
August 4, 2005 8:59:36 PM

Ray wrote:

> "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote:
>
>> Ray wrote:
>>
>>>I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop to turn off the monitor
>>>immediately like power saving in 10 min inactivity. The monitor will
>>>turn on as soon as any key is pressed. Can someone advise how to
>>>accomplish it.
>>>

>>Wizmo.exe (freeware)
>>http://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm
>>
>>Try this:
>>wizmo.exe monoff
>
> Torgeir,
>
> That is exact what I need. Many thanks!
>
> I have a confusion between the explanation and the photo on the website.
> I should place the wizmo.exe in c:\windows\system folder according to the
> explanation while the screen capture is placed in the folder of
> c:\windows\system32. I currently put it into the latter one, create a
> shortcut on the desktop, change the Target to C:\WINDOWS\system32\wizmo.exe
> monoff and works. Doesn't it matter to place it in either foler?
Hi,

It doesn't matter where you put wizmo.exe, you could have put it at
C:\ or C:\MyUtils\ for that matter. The advantage of putting it in
C:\Windows\System32\ is that that folder is in your system path, so
you will be able to run wizmo.exe without specifying where wizmo.exe
is located.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
August 6, 2005 9:58:22 PM

Torgeir,