Windows Explorer, Display Full Path to Files

August 3, 2005 12:47:37 PM

It seems like I remember being able to see the full path displayed in the
Explore window as I navigated around folders. I have two hard drives and am
never quite sure which one I'm exploring as I move down into directoreis. Is
there a way to get the full path displayed in a box on top? Thanks in advance.

Arlene
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 1:02:08 PM

In news:2C29E14F-81EA-425E-AED8-207C54809F99@microsoft.com,
Arlene <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> It seems like I remember being able to see the full path
> displayed in
> the Explore window as I navigated around folders. I have two
> hard
> drives and am never quite sure which one I'm exploring as I
> move down
> into directoreis. Is there a way to get the full path displayed
> in a
> box on top? Thanks in advance.

In Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to Tools | Folder Options.
On the View tab, check "Display the full path in the address
bar," and click "Apply to all folders."

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 1:21:01 PM

Hi, Ken:

I have that option checked already, but the path is not there. The address
button is dimmed below the menu on the far right.

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> In news:2C29E14F-81EA-425E-AED8-207C54809F99@microsoft.com,
> Arlene <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > It seems like I remember being able to see the full path
> > displayed in
> > the Explore window as I navigated around folders. I have two
> > hard
> > drives and am never quite sure which one I'm exploring as I
> > move down
> > into directoreis. Is there a way to get the full path displayed
> > in a
> > box on top? Thanks in advance.
>

> In Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to Tools | Folder Options.
> On the View tab, check "Display the full path in the address
> bar," and click "Apply to all folders."

> Please reply to the newsgroup

August 3, 2005 8:50:47 PM

Can you post screenshot somewhere so we can look at it?

"Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Ken:
>
> I have that option checked already, but the path is not there. The address
> button is dimmed below the menu on the far right.
>
> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> In news:2C29E14F-81EA-425E-AED8-207C54809F99@microsoft.com,
>> Arlene <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>> > It seems like I remember being able to see the full path
>> > displayed in
>> > the Explore window as I navigated around folders. I have two
>> > hard
>> > drives and am never quite sure which one I'm exploring as I
>> > move down
>> > into directoreis. Is there a way to get the full path displayed
>> > in a
>> > box on top? Thanks in advance.
>>

>> In Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to Tools | Folder Options.
>> On the View tab, check "Display the full path in the address
>> bar," and click "Apply to all folders."
>>

>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 8:50:48 PM

Open Windows Explorer, Click View, Toolbars -Unlock if necessary,
then tic/check the Address Bar Toolbar option, relock Toolbars.

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> Can you post screenshot somewhere so we can look at it?

> "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, Ken:
>>
>> I have that option checked already, but the path is not there. The
>> address
>> button is dimmed below the menu on the far right.
>>
>> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>>
>>> In news:2C29E14F-81EA-425E-AED8-207C54809F99@microsoft.com,
>>> Arlene <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

>>> In Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to Tools | Folder Options.
>>> On the View tab, check "Display the full path in the address
>>> bar," and click "Apply to all folders."
>>>

>>> --
>>> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 8:50:49 PM

That did it and then I had to take the final step of dragging the Address bar
open to actually see it. Thanks so very much to all!!

Arlene

!