Windows Explorer, Display Full Path to Files

It seems like I remember being able to see the full path displayed in the
Explore window as I navigated around folders. I have two hard drives and am
never quite sure which one I'm exploring as I move down into directoreis. Is
there a way to get the full path displayed in a box on top? Thanks in advance.

Arlene
5 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer display full path files

    In news:2C29E14F-81EA-425E-AED8-207C54809F99@microsoft.com,
    Arlene <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > It seems like I remember being able to see the full path
    > displayed in
    > the Explore window as I navigated around folders. I have two
    > hard
    > drives and am never quite sure which one I'm exploring as I
    > move down
    > into directoreis. Is there a way to get the full path displayed
    > in a
    > box on top? Thanks in advance.

    In Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to Tools | Folder Options.
    On the View tab, check "Display the full path in the address
    bar," and click "Apply to all folders."

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Hi, Ken:

    I have that option checked already, but the path is not there. The address
    button is dimmed below the menu on the far right.

    "Ken Blake" wrote:

    > In news:2C29E14F-81EA-425E-AED8-207C54809F99@microsoft.com,
    > Arlene <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >
    > > It seems like I remember being able to see the full path
    > > displayed in
    > > the Explore window as I navigated around folders. I have two
    > > hard
    > > drives and am never quite sure which one I'm exploring as I
    > > move down
    > > into directoreis. Is there a way to get the full path displayed
    > > in a
    > > box on top? Thanks in advance.
    >

    > In Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to Tools | Folder Options.
    > On the View tab, check "Display the full path in the address
    > bar," and click "Apply to all folders."

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

    Can you post screenshot somewhere so we can look at it?

    "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, Ken:
    >
    > I have that option checked already, but the path is not there. The address
    > button is dimmed below the menu on the far right.
    >
    > "Ken Blake" wrote:
    >
    >> In news:2C29E14F-81EA-425E-AED8-207C54809F99@microsoft.com,
    >> Arlene <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >>
    >> > It seems like I remember being able to see the full path
    >> > displayed in
    >> > the Explore window as I navigated around folders. I have two
    >> > hard
    >> > drives and am never quite sure which one I'm exploring as I
    >> > move down
    >> > into directoreis. Is there a way to get the full path displayed
    >> > in a
    >> > box on top? Thanks in advance.
    >>

    >> In Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to Tools | Folder Options.
    >> On the View tab, check "Display the full path in the address
    >> bar," and click "Apply to all folders."
    >>

    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup

    Open Windows Explorer, Click View, Toolbars -Unlock if necessary,
    then tic/check the Address Bar Toolbar option, relock Toolbars.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Can you post screenshot somewhere so we can look at it?

    > "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi, Ken:
    >>
    >> I have that option checked already, but the path is not there. The
    >> address
    >> button is dimmed below the menu on the far right.
    >>
    >> "Ken Blake" wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:2C29E14F-81EA-425E-AED8-207C54809F99@microsoft.com,
    >>> Arlene <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    >>> In Windows Explorer or My Computer, go to Tools | Folder Options.
    >>> On the View tab, check "Display the full path in the address
    >>> bar," and click "Apply to all folders."
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    >>> Please reply to the newsgroup

    That did it and then I had to take the final step of dragging the Address bar
    open to actually see it. Thanks so very much to all!!

    Arlene

    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > Open Windows Explorer, Click View, Toolbars -Unlock if necessary,
    > then tic/check the Address Bar Toolbar option, relock Toolbars.
    >
    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > > Can you post screenshot somewhere so we can look at it?
    > >
    > > --
    > >

    > > The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    > > NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    > > See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    > > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    > >

    > > "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi, Ken:
    > >>
    > >> I have that option checked already, but the path is not there. The
    > >> address
    > >> button is dimmed below the menu on the far right.

Windows Explorer Windows XP Displays