LG W2261VP turns off, doesn't turn back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftos

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
I have a brand new LG W2261VP connected via DVI which turned itself off at random intervals and I had to turn it on from the power button, only to have it turn itself off again after a while. Worst thing is that once the OS tells it to Stand-by, it turns itself off and I can't even get it to power back up via the power button. I have to remove its power cable, let the power drain, put the cable back on, turn it on, only to have it go to stand-by and have to reset my computer. The monitor displays properly only when the BIOS shows up again.

I guess I should RMA it, and I'm calling LG Tech Support tomorrow, I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience and has something to say that can help me.

phantomil

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
i am having the same problem
i got windows 7 x64
lg w2261vp monitor
intel i7 core 920 not overclocked
msi pro-e motherboard
mushkin 2gbx3 1600
ati sapphire hd 5700 ddr5
all computer data seem to be ok the core is ok maybe only the memory is getting heat.
i was thinking maybe it because i havnt overclocked it to work on his originally 1600 mhz.
any way the ati drivers is up to date and the windows recognize the monitor as it is.
moreover i tried both dvi and hdmi connections.
only problem that i see is maybe the monitor is corpated or its a memory problem.
ty for any help possible.

Leftos

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Seems like the whole bunch of 'em are faulty. Get to the retailer and tell them to contact LG for an immediate replacement. LG will send the new monitor to you, and the deliverer will receive your old monitor on delivery.

LGsucks

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
There's no sulution for that. Even LG support team has said that the only solution for it is to swap the monitors and wish for a good luck.

We had two monitors using as dual monitor in our desktop machine. One was LG model W2361VV and the other one was Samsung 22'. The LG monitor started to flash on and off itself after using it for a week.

We contacted LG support; they sent us another one; the new one started to do the same thing again. Samsung monitor never gave a problem but this cheap LG monitor has been giving us a hell problem.

So the only solution is : don't buy LG products

Rammelaar

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
The same for me. After starting up the computer as soon as windows 7 X64 starts the monitor becomes apparently warmer and then it starts flickering. Trying the monitor on my other computer with Linux Ubuntu gives the same result. This cheap monitor is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.