Hi,

How use distant assistance

I have Windows XP familiale edition.

I don't succeed using distant assistance.

Is there anyone that could help for starting?

Best regards

Jean Passe

The Remote Desktop hosting feature is only available with Windows XP Pro.
You can only use Windows XP Home Edition as a client and not a host.

Perhaps the following Knowledge Base Articles will provide guidance:

Overview of Remote Assistance in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;300546

HOW TO: Configure a Computer to Receive Remote Assistance Offers in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301527&Product=winxp

Support WebCast: Using Windows Remote Assistance
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826769&Product=winxp

Troubleshooting Remote Assistance Issues
http://www.chicagotech.net/rdesktop.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jean Passe" wrote:

| Hi,

| How use distant assistance
|
| I have Windows XP familiale edition.
|
| I don't succeed using distant assistance.
|
| Is there anyone that could help for starting?
|
| Best regards
|
| Jean Passe

TRENDING THREADS