Dell Radio ???? What it is ????

I am hearing a lot of radio commercials concerning a company called Dell
Radio. They say to log on to dellradio.com. I have tried this, but come
up with nothing. As far as I can tell, there is no website called
dellradio.com.

Two questions:

1. Does Dell Computer company also sell radios ? If so, what is their
website address?

2. If Dell Computer does NOT sell radios, does anyone have any idea why
they are advertising a website called dellradio.com, when apparently
there is no such website ??

Thanks !!

--James---

See below in the body

"James Nipper" <jnipper@nospam.fdn.com> wrote in message

> I am hearing a lot of radio commercials concerning a company called Dell
> Radio. They say to log on to dellradio.com. I have tried this, but
come
> up with nothing. As far as I can tell, there is no website called
> dellradio.com.

There is a website www.dellradio.com it automaticlly redirects you to
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd which is
the small business site.

> Two questions:
>

> 1. Does Dell Computer company also sell radios ? If so, what is
their
> website address?

No.

> 2. If Dell Computer does NOT sell radios, does anyone have any idea why
> they are advertising a website called dellradio.com, when apparently
> there is no such website ??

This is another marketing channel, similar to dell tv etc.

> Thanks !!
>
> --James---

"James Nipper" <jnipper@nospam.fdn.com> wrote:

>I am hearing a lot of radio commercials concerning a company called Dell
>Radio. They say to log on to dellradio.com. I have tried this, but come
>up with nothing. As far as I can tell, there is no website called
>dellradio.com.

>Two questions:

Answered with two guesses,
supplementing Vijay Kumar's response that he was able to find a
dellradio.com website at http:/www.dellradio.com which will
redirect you to a real Dell page.

>1. Does Dell Computer company also sell radios ? If so, what is their
>website address?

Don't think so, but I'm guessing [don't listen to radio that much
nowadays, and have never heard a Dell commercial of any sort on
the radio] that they /do/ advertise their computers on the radio.
For your second question #1, see Vijay Kumar's separate response,
and mine to your question #2 [which this time, unlike item #1,
actually contains only one question ;->] below.

>2. If Dell Computer does NOT sell radios, does anyone have any idea why
>they are advertising a website called dellradio.com, when apparently
>there is no such website ??

If you notice, most of their TV ads show the web address as
www.dell.com/tv [note the "/tv"]. That gets a redirect to a page
[said redirected location based I presume on the TV ads currently
running] headlined "AS SEEN ON TV". What do you want to bet that
if I try www.dell.com/radio [note the "/radio"], I'll land at a
similar page, possibly headlined "AS HEARD ON RADIO"?

[If you had taken the bet, you'd have won. I did get a redirect,
to a Dell page on Walkie-Talkies apparently based on a mail
campaign since they asked for the PIN from the mailing label to
proceed and find out how I can get a second walkie-talkie.
Apparently you *were* supposed to use http://www.dellradio.com to
find out about the computers being advertised on radio.]
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.

OJ:

This is a lot of jabber to answer 2 simple questions. Dell Computer may
(or may not) sell a few radios, I just wondered why they had commercials
promoting their pc products, saying they are sold at dellradio.com.
Their is not such website which sells RADIOS.

--James--

Answered with two guesses,
supplementing Vijay Kumar's response that he was able to find a
dellradio.com website at http:/www.dellradio.com which will
redirect you to a real Dell page.

>1. Does Dell Computer company also sell radios ? If so, what is their
>website address?

Don't think so, but I'm guessing [don't listen to radio that much
nowadays, and have never heard a Dell commercial of any sort on
the radio] that they /do/ advertise their computers on the radio.
For your second question #1, see Vijay Kumar's separate response,
and mine to your question #2 [which this time, unlike item #1,
actually contains only one question ;->] below.

>2. If Dell Computer does NOT sell radios, does anyone have any idea why
>they are advertising a website called dellradio.com, when apparently
>there is no such website ??

If you notice, most of their TV ads show the web address as
www.dell.com/tv [note the "/tv"]. That gets a redirect to a page
[said redirected location based I presume on the TV ads currently
running] headlined "AS SEEN ON TV". What do you want to bet that
if I try www.dell.com/radio [note the "/radio"], I'll land at a
similar page, possibly headlined "AS HEARD ON RADIO"?

[If you had taken the bet, you'd have won. I did get a redirect,
to a Dell page on Walkie-Talkies apparently based on a mail
campaign since they asked for the PIN from the mailing label to
proceed and find out how I can get a second walkie-talkie.
Apparently you *were* supposed to use http://www.dellradio.com to
find out about the computers being advertised on radio.]
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.
Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast]

"James Nipper" <jnipper@nospam.fdn.com> wrote in message

> I am hearing a lot of radio commercials concerning a company called Dell
> Radio. They say to log on to dellradio.com. I have tried this, but
come
> up with nothing. As far as I can tell, there is no website called
> dellradio.com.
>

> Two questions:
>

> 1. Does Dell Computer company also sell radios ? If so, what is
their
> website address?
>
> 2. If Dell Computer does NOT sell radios, does anyone have any idea why
> they are advertising a website called dellradio.com, when apparently
> there is no such website ??
>

> Thanks !!
>
> --James---

I suspect the URL is promoted so that Dell can attempt to measure response
to their radio advertising - as well as TV ads promoting their "TV" URL.....

Just a guess.

Stew

"James Nipper" <jnipper@nospam.fdn.com> wrote in message

| I am hearing a lot of radio commercials concerning a company called Dell
| Radio. They say to log on to dellradio.com. I have tried this, but
come
| up with nothing. As far as I can tell, there is no website called
| dellradio.com.
|

| Two questions:
|

| 1. Does Dell Computer company also sell radios ? If so, what is
their
| website address?
|
| 2. If Dell Computer does NOT sell radios, does anyone have any idea why
| they are advertising a website called dellradio.com, when apparently
| there is no such website ??
|

| Thanks !!
|
| --James---

Found something interesting (?) at www.dell.com/radio

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

"James Nipper" <jnipper@nospam.fdn.com> wrote in message

> I am hearing a lot of radio commercials concerning a company called Dell
> Radio. They say to log on to dellradio.com. I have tried this, but
come
> up with nothing. As far as I can tell, there is no website called
> dellradio.com.

For reasons that no one can explain, dellradio.com is not accessible without
the preceeding "www."

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhistshoes@columbus.rr.com> wrote in
message news:_jlcc.2151$Qv6.750@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> "James Nipper" <jnipper@nospam.fdn.com> wrote in message
> |

> | I am hearing a lot of radio commercials concerning a company called Dell
> | Radio. They say to log on to dellradio.com. I have tried this, but
> come
> | up with nothing. As far as I can tell, there is no website called
> | dellradio.com.
> |

> | Two questions:
> |

> | 1. Does Dell Computer company also sell radios ? If so, what is
> their
> | website address?
> |
> | 2. If Dell Computer does NOT sell radios, does anyone have any idea
why
> | they are advertising a website called dellradio.com, when apparently
> | there is no such website ??
> |

> | Thanks !!
> |
> | --James---
> |

> Found something interesting (?) at www.dell.com/radio

WTF?:

"To receive your second walkie talkie and complete
the Dell connection, please find the PIN number on
your mailing label and enter it here"

Are you sure the commercials weren't for Delcom Radio? HTTP://WWW.DELCOM-RADIO.COM?