Cut/Paste/Copy in Palm OS v.3.3 on Palm Pilot

October 12, 2004 8:44:32 PM

I am getting started using a Palm Pilot, running Palm OS v.3.3.
I downloaded the PalmPilot manual from PalmOne's website. It
describes how one can select text and cut/copy/paste it. This
functionality is suppose to be in a menu. When I highlight text
and press the menu "button", the only menu options are: New Memo,
Delete Memo, Beam Memo. Is the lack of cut/paste/copy due to the
use of Palm OS v.3.3? From the website, the Palm Pilot is suppose
to be using v.2.0.5. Later OSes use features in newer devices.
I wonder if the lack of cut/paste/copy on the menu is because the
device expected to have buttons for this purpose? If so, is it
possible to get the cut/paste/copy by some other means? From
my previous posting "Move back to older Palm OS version?", it
doesn't seem straighforward to move back to v.2.0.5.

Fred
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 8:51:40 PM

Fred Ma wrote:

> I am getting started using a Palm Pilot, running Palm OS v.3.3.
> I downloaded the PalmPilot manual from PalmOne's website. It
> describes how one can select text and cut/copy/paste it. This
> functionality is suppose to be in a menu. When I highlight text
> and press the menu "button", the only menu options are: New Memo,
> Delete Memo, Beam Memo. Is the lack of cut/paste/copy due to the
> use of Palm OS v.3.3? From the website, the Palm Pilot is suppose
> to be using v.2.0.5. Later OSes use features in newer devices.
> I wonder if the lack of cut/paste/copy on the menu is because the
> device expected to have buttons for this purpose? If so, is it
> possible to get the cut/paste/copy by some other means? From
> my previous posting "Move back to older Palm OS version?", it
> doesn't seem straighforward to move back to v.2.0.5.

I must be blind. There are other menus, in which cut/paste/copy
are located.....
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 9:31:38 PM

In article <416C09E9.85EEF00C@doe.carleton.ca>, Fred Ma
<fma@doe.carleton.ca> wrote:

> I am getting started using a Palm Pilot, running Palm OS v.3.3.
> I downloaded the PalmPilot manual from PalmOne's website. It
> describes how one can select text and cut/copy/paste it. This
> functionality is suppose to be in a menu. When I highlight text
> and press the menu "button", the only menu options are: New Memo,
> Delete Memo, Beam Memo.

The Menu "button" is not a physical button but one of the icons printed on
the lower part of the screen, next to the graffitti input area. It is
probably the icon in the lower lefthand corner.
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 11:10:57 PM

Guy Bannis wrote:

> In article <416C09E9.85EEF00C@doe.carleton.ca>, Fred Ma
> <fma@doe.carleton.ca> wrote:
>
> > I am getting started using a Palm Pilot, running Palm OS v.3.3.
> > I downloaded the PalmPilot manual from PalmOne's website. It
> > describes how one can select text and cut/copy/paste it. This
> > functionality is suppose to be in a menu. When I highlight text
> > and press the menu "button", the only menu options are: New Memo,
> > Delete Memo, Beam Memo.
>
> The Menu "button" is not a physical button but one of the icons printed on
> the lower part of the screen, next to the graffitti input area. It is
> probably the icon in the lower lefthand corner.

Thanks, Guy. I figured out the problem. There was no problem.
The problem is with my eyes.

Fred
!