Explorer closes when click on file menu

Justin

I have a computer that quits explorer every time I try to click on the file
menu, or right click on explorer and go to the new link. It also does this
when i try to delete a folder in explorer or through my computer.
The error is gives is:
Faulting Application explorer.exe version 6.0.2900.2180. faulting module
shell32.dll, version 6.0.2900.2620, fault address 0x0004f320.
or
Faulting Application explorer.exe version 6.0.2900.2180. faulting module
unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x024d14c8.

This is also an error in the application log that says "Fault bucket
147794028".

I've tried running sfc /scannow and that didn't fix it. I also disabled the
indexing service and that also didn't fix it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/208.htm#4

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org