Hang Boot up

I am using windows xp professional with sp1, the problem is that my system
refuse to boot up. The system hangs on the windows loading screen. The
entire activity is stopped.

The system was properly shutdown, there was no hardware or software changes.
Even tried booting in Safe Mode but the system again hanged at the same
screen.

It is not clear about exactly what you encounter.
Do you get any error message or just the Welcome screen sticks at boot up?

Read some issues and search your appropriate reason
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308041

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy