Gaming laptop for $1500- $2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimkiller

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
1_What is your budget?
$1500 - $2000

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" - 16"

3_What screen resolution do you want?
1920 x 1080

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

A strong portable laptop

5_How much battery life do you need?

Doesnt matter, more than one hour preferably

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes, High. Especially Crysis

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

If it can play games well, it can do anything else xD

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

Doesnt matter, but larger than 160 is preferred.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

Btotech, Amazon, Newegg or anything that can accept international billing addresses and freight forwarders.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3-4 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD, blu-ray would be a nice option, but it isnt really important.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I don't like acer, its quite infamous. I wouldn't prefer dell either, they have fugly designs lol. I prefer something from the rest of the major brands like toshiba, asus, HP, since they have support centers in my country and I wouldn't want to ship it back if it was broken.

13_What country do you live in?
Qatar, I can ship stuff to my country with freight forwarding, but websites need international billing addresses.

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I want the laptop to have an Intel i7 core and Nvidia GTX 260 or better.

I've looked at this Asus laptop: http://www.btotech.com/product.asp?pf_id=asus_g51j-a1

Is this the best bang for my buck?

slimkiller

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
wow this is amazing an amazing laptop, thanks bro :D and even more amazing to find out that XoticPC ships internationally. Thanks.

But how reliable are SAGER computers? have there been lots of issue before? It would take a lot of time/money to get it repaired internationally

Edit: ok, after looking at the shipping costs, I dont really want to buy a laptop with no service center in my country, I think the Asus is my only choice. If I buy it customized, would the warranty be void?

If you customize it from their site, your warranty is not void. It only becomes void if you open the machine yourself.

Sager computers are probably the most reliable machines on the market. Mine has never broken, nor have I heard of anyone's breaking. Though, they are fewer in number than say, HP machines.
I can understand, though, the need to have a service center near you.

Stanks

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
If you want to know more about a Sager laptop before making your decision, check out Clevo. Sager rebrands Clevo laptops. I'm fairly certain all of Sager's laptops are Clevo.

I'm looking at laptops right now, and Sager is at the top; however, I live in the US and do not have service centers as one of my criteria. The way you use your laptops and the type of environment they're in might make a local service center worthwhile.

As others said,Sager is a very good company,it makes great laptops with an excellent price/performance ratio and a great build quality.
And if you customize the laptop yourself,you will void the warranty.
About the service,yes you are right,but you can always send it to US(it takes quite a long time to get repaired though)but as i said the ASUS G51J is a very good option too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.