Any reason not to use a standard rubber ring for the FT re..

My FT reel was not rotating because it was not getting a good grip on the
stretched out original belt. I replaced the original drive belt with a
standard white 3-1/2" rubber ring and it works perfect.

Is there any reason to purchase and switch back to an original belt???

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

Mine uses a normal black rubber, works just fine... I might even swap
it for a white one, to see if it looks better.

- Orlando

I've been replacing Cyclone ferris wheel belts for a while with a white
ring. No problems yet.

Mike Schudel wrote:
> My FT reel was not rotating because it was not getting a good grip on the
> stretched out original belt. I replaced the original drive belt with a
> standard white 3-1/2" rubber ring and it works perfect.
>
> Is there any reason to purchase and switch back to an original belt???
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

MikeO

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2004

I would use the original style belt for longevity. I would expect
aplayfield rubber to deteriorate much faster than the oem part. I have
replaced a Cyclone ferris wheel belt with the original part where a
white rubber ring had been used. Needless to say, the white rubber
ring had not held up.

Mike O.

Durability? Straight rubber will break faster. Dunno if there's
another downside.

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:58:18 -0400, "Mike Schudel"
<schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote:

>My FT reel was not rotating because it was not getting a good grip on the
>stretched out original belt. I replaced the original drive belt with a
>standard white 3-1/2" rubber ring and it works perfect.
>
>Is there any reason to purchase and switch back to an original belt???

digger

I have used a large "O" ring bought at home depot, for about 2 years now
with no ill effects.
digger

"mikeo" <mikeo@dmwcc.com> wrote in message
>I would use the original style belt for longevity. I would expect
> aplayfield rubber to deteriorate much faster than the oem part. I have
> replaced a Cyclone ferris wheel belt with the original part where a
> white rubber ring had been used. Needless to say, the white rubber
> ring had not held up.
>
> Mike O.

Are you sure it's black rubber? The ones I've seen usually LOOK like
that until you clean them, then it's clear that they're not rubber but
dirty nylon.

On 13 Jun 2005 10:50:54 -0700, "Daemon" <orlando.ortiz@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Mine uses a normal black rubber, works just fine... I might even swap
>it for a white one, to see if it looks better.
>
>- Orlando

I've used a white rubber as a temp fix but it's liveness lets it strech and
cause intermittant reel errors,,,which causeses ball miscounts.
"Mike Schudel" <schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My FT reel was not rotating because it was not getting a good grip on the
> stretched out original belt. I replaced the original drive belt with a
> standard white 3-1/2" rubber ring and it works perfect.
>
> Is there any reason to purchase and switch back to an original belt???
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

No problems here whatsoever.
No balls pounding against the rubber = it will last longer.

Works great with no side effects!