I'm trying to use iTunes with my new ipod mini, but the My Music folder on my
computer wont grant me access to write anything to it, or alter anything in
it and I'm not sure why? It asks me to check whether it has full or
write-protection, but it shouldnt have seeing as I am the only user on my
computer? anyone be of assistance? its bugging me greatly!

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:21F4A80C-B12A-4A32-A298-FF10FB895C0D@microsoft.com,
happygolazy <happygolazy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I'm trying to use iTunes with my new ipod mini, but the My Music folder
> on my computer wont grant me access to write anything to it, or alter
> anything in it and I'm not sure why? It asks me to check whether it has
> full or write-protection, but it shouldnt have seeing as I am the only
> user on my computer? anyone be of assistance? its bugging me greatly!

thanks you are an absolute star, now works perfectly and I am abl to enjoy my
wonderful tool of musical wonder!
--
smile....there, that wasnt so hard now was it?

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> HOW TO: Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:21F4A80C-B12A-4A32-A298-FF10FB895C0D@microsoft.com,
> happygolazy <happygolazy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I'm trying to use iTunes with my new ipod mini, but the My Music folder
> > on my computer wont grant me access to write anything to it, or alter
> > anything in it and I'm not sure why? It asks me to check whether it has
> > full or write-protection, but it shouldnt have seeing as I am the only
> > user on my computer? anyone be of assistance? its bugging me greatly!

Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes