Polishing glass

The "crack in the windsheild" post got me thinking.. OK not really...
but anyway, does anyone have a good method for polishing scratches out
of playfield glass, or any glass for that matter? Something I can do by
hand? I've got a DK JR cocktail vid that could use the treatment, and
since it's reverse screened glass, I can't just plop a new one down
like a pin...

Terry.

I heard toothpaste will "buff" glass. I was able to get fine scratches
out using crest

Jeff
ClassicArcades Inc.

Depends on how deep the scratches are; anything you can easily feel
with a nail will be tough to buff out, especially with tempered glass.
Jewler's rouge is the usual suggestion for polishing glass. You might
consider taking your DK glass to a glass shop and see if they can
suggest something (or do the work for you).

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

I have a kit that takes deep scratches out of glass. It is (the only)
ANSI approved to be 100% distortion free. It does not "grind" away the
glass. Instead it creates a vortex in the scratch and, with heat, lifts
the glass to the surface. (I know it sounds crazy but it works).
The drawback,,,, it cost me $1800 for the kit and it takes 20+ minutes
to take out one 2" - 4" scratch and 20+ min for set up/ clean up.
I charge $75/hr+ for this, 1hr minimum. Most of my work (with this kit)
is with automotive and structural glass that is a bit more expensive to
replace.

Lee