ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

My old MV740 is probably showing it's age but I think
the focus needs a little turn.
There are three black presets built into the Line O/P Trx.
These seem to be deliberatly gummed up.
Does anyone know which is the focus?
Any comments welcome
Ted

Ted wrote:
> My old MV740 is probably showing it's age but I think
> the focus needs a little turn.
> There are three black presets built into the Line O/P Trx.
> These seem to be deliberatly gummed up.
> Does anyone know which is the focus?
> Any comments welcome
> Ted

Monitors do not last forever and are not too costly to replace. Many
cannot be refocused by the user, if at all. Degaussing, a button on the
back or a menu item, might help a bit.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

> Ted wrote:
>> My old MV740 is probably showing it's age but I think
>> the focus needs a little turn.
>> There are three black presets built into the Line O/P Trx.
>> These seem to be deliberatly gummed up.
>> Does anyone know which is the focus?
>> Any comments welcome
>> Ted
>
> Monitors do not last forever and are not too costly to replace. Many
> cannot be refocused by the user, if at all. Degaussing, a button on the
> back or a menu item, might help a bit.

Thanks for that Q. As an Ex TV serviceman... just thought i'd have a
twiddle:)
Your right of course. Just putting off the inevitable
Cheers
Ted

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Ted" <edward@clarkeRubbishedward.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>> Ted wrote:
>>> My old MV740 is probably showing it's age but I think
>>> the focus needs a little turn.
>>> There are three black presets built into the Line O/P Trx.
>>> These seem to be deliberatly gummed up.
>>> Does anyone know which is the focus?
>>> Any comments welcome
>>> Ted
>>
>> Monitors do not last forever and are not too costly to replace. Many
>> cannot be refocused by the user, if at all. Degaussing, a button on the
>> back or a menu item, might help a bit.

> Thanks for that Q. As an Ex TV serviceman... just thought i'd have a
> twiddle:)
> Your right of course. Just putting off the inevitable
> Cheers
> Ted

FYI ... I scraped the gunge from the top preset (marked focus!) and
adjusted said preset.
I now have a sharp, clear picture again. Happy days.
Cheers
Ted