TZ - Finally got a LITZ!!!!

Well I finally did it, I got my first LITZ!

Unfortunately, I didn't score over the default LITZ high score of
300,000,000 and the default initials are still on the game. Since I
couldn't put my initials in, I'm not sure that my son believes I
actually did it.

I've google seached, but I can't seem to find an answer. Is there a
way to lower the default LITZ high score? I know how to change all of
the other default scores, but I can't figure out if there is a way to
change the LITZ default.

It took me a year and half to get my first LITZ and I hope it won't
take that long to get my second. Next time I want to put my initials
up there for all to see.

Thanks,

Ken in Princeton
TZ, STTNG,IJ & MM
20 answers Last reply
More about finally litz

    PLEASE tell me that all of your machines are on 3 ball, with medium to
    hard settings, and the outlanes at the middle or highest spots. On
    mine, LITZ is like an every three game occurance for me. I rack up the
    EBs from the right orbit, two dead ends, and from the door panel. I've
    thought about changing the settings a few times, but that is how the
    game came to me, and some of the scores in it are still from when I
    played it on location, so I've left it the same. It may just be
    because I've played the hell out of the game, but I imagine that your
    machines must be MUCH more difficult over all.

    -Al

    I don't want to hear it. I'm still trying. Seems like an impossible task,
    but I'm sure having fun trying to get there.

    --

    -Frank Gant
    http://orbitpinball.com

    "Ken in Princeton" <khsjsilver@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Well I finally did it, I got my first LITZ!
    >
    > Unfortunately, I didn't score over the default LITZ high score of
    > 300,000,000 and the default initials are still on the game. Since I
    > couldn't put my initials in, I'm not sure that my son believes I
    > actually did it.
    >
    > I've google seached, but I can't seem to find an answer. Is there a
    > way to lower the default LITZ high score? I know how to change all of
    > the other default scores, but I can't figure out if there is a way to
    > change the LITZ default.
    >
    > It took me a year and half to get my first LITZ and I hope it won't
    > take that long to get my second. Next time I want to put my initials
    > up there for all to see.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ken in Princeton
    > TZ, STTNG,IJ & MM

    Took me a year and a half also.

    Game set to 3 balls.

    I managed over 300k on the litz so got my name up but missed the grand
    champion(Mike "Fox" Morrey-1.2B) by 100k. Grrr.

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    -Al wrote:
    > PLEASE tell me that all of your machines are on 3 ball, with medium to
    > hard settings, and the outlanes at the middle or highest spots. On
    > mine, LITZ is like an every three game occurance for me. I rack up the
    > EBs from the right orbit, two dead ends, and from the door panel. I've
    > thought about changing the settings a few times, but that is how the
    > game came to me, and some of the scores in it are still from when I
    > played it on location, so I've left it the same. It may just be
    > because I've played the hell out of the game, but I imagine that your
    > machines must be MUCH more difficult over all.
    >
    > -Al

    Al,

    All my machines are on 3 ball, medium settings, outlanes in the middle.
    For my LITZ, I did "buy" the extra ball at the end of the game. After
    trying for a year and a half, I was too close to LITZ to not "buy" the
    ball.

    Ken

    Mine is on 3 ball with default settings except I give everyone the 10
    second freeride on all three balls. Made it to LITZ twice in the six
    months since I got it. Never been able to make three dead ends... I'm
    looking forward to it. Did manage to break the 1.2B by a bit on one of
    the LITZ but not the 300k. LITZ is a hard goal to reach but super
    exciting when I actually get there. I think I'll give it a try right
    now. DOC

    Getting to LITZ is a bit harder for me cause I'm still waiting for a TZ
    to come my way.

    Lee

    Anyone else ever make it to SUPER ROBOTS? Once you hit 99 robots, it
    just says SUPER ROBOT, and gives you 5M a pop. My LITZ score is 500
    some million, don't feel like going downstairs to check the exact right
    now. Best game ever is 4B, with TWO, yes TWO LITZs on it. However,
    take it in context. My game is 5 ball..easier settings, and lowest
    outlanes. I also have 9.4h roms, that give you a ball save for all 5
    balls, instead of just the first one. Either way, my grand champ score
    was one HELL of a game. It took over an hour! I'll try to put up
    pics of my LITZ score and grand champ.

    -Al

    Is there a way to reset the high score initials on the TZ? I just
    purchased one and while I got my initials for high score listed as
    Grand Master, but I cannot erase the other 4 high scores which are
    700k, 650k,etc,etc. Even though my high score is between 650k & 700k.
    I would love to remove the "strangers" initials and let my family &
    friends replace them with their high scores. So far, the only entry we
    get is the Grand master.

    Thanks,
    Jim

    Congrats on reaching LITZ for the first time.

    I played some TZ in your honor today as well. Had a few so-so games
    of over a billion (no-litz). Last game played reached LITZ (368Mill)
    and ended up with a nice 2.6Billion score.

    72 Robots, 26 Doors Someday I'll get TWO LITZ's in one game.
    Machine set to 3balls, Factory Medium, Outposts Middle, No Buy-In

    Todd "GravitaR"

    Jim,
    I think I remember a place under the high score menu to change the
    values. I'll check tomorrow before my TZ is gone fer good. Whoever
    gets mine will HAVE to reset 'em if they want their initials in the
    game anytime soon! I'll let you know.

    -Al

    TEX, PL, TED and the others there are "default" settings put there by the
    machine. Once your friends and family members beat those values, they will
    get to put their names on the board.

    Adi
    www.txpinball.com

    "jhwilsonsc" <jhwilsonsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to reset the high score initials on the TZ? I just
    > purchased one and while I got my initials for high score listed as
    > Grand Master, but I cannot erase the other 4 high scores which are
    > 700k, 650k,etc,etc. Even though my high score is between 650k & 700k.
    > I would love to remove the "strangers" initials and let my family &
    > friends replace them with their high scores. So far, the only entry we
    > get is the Grand master.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim

    Good job on the Litz...I must admit I have mine set on 5 balls and have
    got Litz several times..though not lately which is what i think makes
    TZ so appealing. It is definitely a shot makers pinball machine and
    understand the critics who argue it is not a "fast" game.

    The kids have never gotten a LITZ but I just found out that if you have
    the H-roms which I have you can practice LITZ which my kids love. See
    Ted Estes article (the software engineer),

    http://www.gameroommagazine.com/twilightzone2.htm

    on the home improvements he made on that rev. My game will go in to
    LITZ as he suggests but the door panel with the "?" mark does not light
    up, the TZ theme sounds and once you make a slot machine or piano shot
    it goes in to LITZ but does not count toward a score. Does anyone else
    with this H-ROM have the door panel light when you press the extra ball
    as mentioned in the article?

    I'm new at the agme too, can't imagine making a LITZ on 3 ball. Which
    multiball session to people prefer if you have the chance for both...A
    lock mutiball or the left ramp multi ball? I'm still not sure the
    differnce between the two..

    EXtech

    Gotcha!

    I havent changed any of the settings yet since picking up my TZ (last
    month). Its pretty much default with 5 balls. I feel kinda dumb for asking
    but what is the "Litz"?

    Thanks,
    Mike
    www.habos-arcade.com

    LITZ - Lost In The Zone (The ? mark door panel)

    In article <1118695693.232349.276470@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    -Al <althomka@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >PLEASE tell me that all of your machines are on 3 ball, with medium to
    >hard settings, and the outlanes at the middle or highest spots. On
    >mine, LITZ is like an every three game occurance for me. I rack up the
    >EBs from the right orbit, two dead ends, and from the door panel. I've
    >thought about changing the settings a few times, but that is how the
    >game came to me, and some of the scores in it are still from when I
    >played it on location, so I've left it the same. It may just be
    >because I've played the hell out of the game, but I imagine that your
    >machines must be MUCH more difficult over all.

    Practice and currency help a lot.

    With factory 3-ball settings on the H8 ROM (still has the bug where
    loose timing during powerball mania with the top mini-playfield opto
    and camera switch allows a camera shot shortly after a near miss to
    award a powerball mania jackpot. Probably adds 200M to LITZ champion
    and 500M to high scores) my GC score is 9B and LITZ champion 650M. 4th
    place is 7B. There are plenty of much better players out there.

    Playing for at least 30-60 minutes day I'd be very disappointed to average
    less than one a game. There are enough easy extra balls that two is just
    a bit harder than one.

    I still have only 1100 LITZes over 6500 games totalling 955 hours.

    6500 games in 6 years yields a 3 game daily average. That means many month long
    stretches playing a game or two between breakfast and work or work and dinner
    at most a few days a week. In those circumstances once a week is just fine.

    The dead end bonus (at 8), spiral extra balls beyond the first (no spiral
    awards spotted and they reset when you drain), and 100th hitchiker are all
    harder than getting 2-3 LITZes in a game.

    The game gets more difficult once you've used up your extra balls from
    the robots, dead end, and first spiral.

    --
    In 1913 the inflation adjusted (in 2003 dollars) exemption for single people
    was $54,567, married couples' exemption $72,756, the next $363,783 was taxed

    You make it sound so easy :)

    -todd

    In article <1118755363.038086.210640@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    extech <rjv2@berkshire.rr.com> wrote:
    >I'm new at the agme too, can't imagine making a LITZ on 3 ball. Which
    >multiball session to people prefer if you have the chance for both...A
    >lock mutiball or the left ramp multi ball? I'm still not sure the
    >differnce between the two..

    You lock both balls because that makes the jackpot 40M instead of 15M.

    You then start multi-ball off the left ramp since that will give you a shot at
    the jackpot when the auto-kicker launches the ball arround the left orbit. The
    first ball in the lock drops down past the upper right flipper, which you
    use to make the camera shot and re-light the jackpot.

    --
    In 1913 the inflation adjusted (in 2003 dollars) exemption for single people
    was $54,567, married couples' exemption $72,756, the next $363,783 was taxed
    at 1%, and earnings over $9,094,578 were taxed at the top rate of 7%.

    Also known as 'wizard mode' according to some people.......

    --Eric

    I prefer to start after only one ball is locked IF the machine already
    knows that the powerball is in the gumball machine. Why? Cause i
    think it's so friggin' cool to see that 3rd magnet in action with the
    9.4 ROM! I'll get my point in other ways... ;-)

    -JC-

    Drew Eckhardt wrote:
    > In article <1118755363.038086.210640@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    > extech <rjv2@berkshire.rr.com> wrote:
    > >I'm new at the agme too, can't imagine making a LITZ on 3 ball. Which
    > >multiball session to people prefer if you have the chance for both...A
    > >lock mutiball or the left ramp multi ball? I'm still not sure the
    > >differnce between the two..
    >
    > You lock both balls because that makes the jackpot 40M instead of 15M.
    >
    > You then start multi-ball off the left ramp since that will give you a shot at
    > the jackpot when the auto-kicker launches the ball arround the left orbit. The
    > first ball in the lock drops down past the upper right flipper, which you
    > use to make the camera shot and re-light the jackpot.
    >
    > --
    > In 1913 the inflation adjusted (in 2003 dollars) exemption for single people
    > was $54,567, married couples' exemption $72,756, the next $363,783 was taxed
    > at 1%, and earnings over $9,094,578 were taxed at the top rate of 7%.

Default Games Video Games