Dimension 2400 Memory Upgrade with 512MB

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a DIMENSION 2400 with one 256MB memory module. I want to upgrade it
by adding a second DIMM module with 512MB, bringing me up to a total of
768MB. Currently, you can buy 512MB modules in two configurations (a) 8
chips (on one side) total, (b) 16 chips total (8 on each side).

QUESTION:

Can I use a low profile 512MB DIMM module with a total of 8 chips on a
single-side, with nothing on the other side?

You should be able to. My 512MB only has chips on one side and it works
fine in my 2400. PC2700