Stronger fan for notebook? (Dell Inspiron 6000)

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I've noticed that when the notebook is outside in the summer, or
particularly if it is on my lap and one of the air ports is slightly covered
up that the thing l(my notebook: dell inspiron 6000) likes to heat up.

I was wondering if I was heading for disaster, and if it made sense (or if
it was even possible) to replace the existing fan(s?) with stronger after
market ones.

Is this even "done" with notebooks, or is everything so proprietory that
there is nothing to do. Does it even make sense to do?

Thanks!

"Thomas G. Marshall" <tgm2tothe10thpower@replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com> writes:
> I was wondering if I was heading for disaster, and if it made sense (or if
> it was even possible) to replace the existing fan(s?) with stronger after
> market ones.

Dunno about internal replacement fans, but there are bases you can get
with fans in them that blow air over the bottom of the notebook.

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I bought a laptop stand from cyberguys.com. Only $10. It's called EZ Lap.

--
C and A Bredt