Pasting in WordPad

August 3, 2005 4:15:04 PM

I ran into a problem pasting in WordPad. I copied something in WP then
centered the cursor using the centering icon, then pasted it. The material
pasted along the left margin instead of being centered. Any ideas why this
happened? Also ran into some problems in WP changing the color of previously
typed text--highlighted it, then picked a new color, then unhighlighted it to
find another color (not previously picked) appear. TIA Montauklite

More about : pasting wordpad

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 5:08:04 PM

These are little simple issues that happen. Select all the materials and then
try to center.
For colour, as you choose a colour and implement it the document's default
text colour becomes that chosen colour. So if you pick another colour and
click on any portion of the blank space the default colour comes back. To
avoid this, select the text first then choose the color. Then click on blank
sapce and choose white. Now select other text and pick a new colour for that.

That generally works.

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

"montauklite" wrote:

> I ran into a problem pasting in WordPad. I copied something in WP then
> centered the cursor using the centering icon, then pasted it. The material
> pasted along the left margin instead of being centered. Any ideas why this
> happened? Also ran into some problems in WP changing the color of previously
> typed text--highlighted it, then picked a new color, then unhighlighted it to
> find another color (not previously picked) appear. TIA Montauklite
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 1:10:02 PM

Dear Pramit,
I had "selected all" originally and the centering was not done. Any thoughts?

!