This device cannot start ERROR MESSAGE

I am trying to connect my laptop to our office network but get this error
message related to my network adpater card which is a Linksys EtherFast
10/100 PC Card Model #PCMPC100. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
network card, I have downloaded the most recent driver, but still the card
will not work. What else can I try?

Hi,
probably you get Error code 19.
If you get the following error message

>>Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration >>information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. To fix this problem you >>can first try running a Troubleshooting Wizard. If that does not work, you >>should uninstall and then reinstall the hardware device. (Code 19)

Then the corrupted thing is the registry. Try uninstalling again. Restart in
safe mode go to device driver and uninstall the driver. Now restart normally
and let windows to detect the hardware. If it automatically detects the
driver or cannot try updating by the driver you have. If that does not work
click "Scan for hardware changes" and go to Windows update to detect latest
driver.

That should work. If cannot try that card on another machine.

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy