Exporting/Saving/Archiving all info in one bundle

October 12, 2004 11:14:45 PM

I'm using the Palm Pilot, running Pal OS v.3.3.

From reading the online help, it seems there is no way to
export *all* data across all apps into one archive file.
I have successfully imported/exported records for individual
apps, but it would be more convenient to take a snapshot of
the whole organizer periodically. Is there a way around this
(apparent) limitation?

Fred
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 11:26:53 PM

Fred Ma <fma@doe.carleton.ca> wrote in news:416C2D1E.EC330EC9
@doe.carleton.ca:

> I'm using the Palm Pilot, running Pal OS v.3.3.
>
> From reading the online help, it seems there is no way to
> export *all* data across all apps into one archive file.
> I have successfully imported/exported records for individual
> apps, but it would be more convenient to take a snapshot of
> the whole organizer periodically. Is there a way around this
> (apparent) limitation?

If you have an SD card slot, there are a number of backup apps that will do
that. With no SD slot, BackupBuddy is the only choice I'm aware of, but
there may be others.

--
Regards,

Stan
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 12:15:02 AM

On 12 Oct 2004 19:26:53 GMT, Stan Gosnell had this to say...

> Fred Ma <fma@doe.carleton.ca> wrote in news:416C2D1E.EC330EC9
> @doe.carleton.ca:
>
> > I'm using the Palm Pilot, running Pal OS v.3.3.
> >
> > From reading the online help, it seems there is no way to
> > export *all* data across all apps into one archive file.
> > I have successfully imported/exported records for individual
> > apps, but it would be more convenient to take a snapshot of
> > the whole organizer periodically. Is there a way around this
> > (apparent) limitation?
>
> If you have an SD card slot, there are a number of backup apps that will do
> that. With no SD slot, BackupBuddy is the only choice I'm aware of, but
> there may be others.

Palm Pilot running OS 3.3 does not support VHS/SDIO

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

Jim Anderson wrote:

> On 12 Oct 2004 19:26:53 GMT, Stan Gosnell had this to say...
>
> > Fred Ma <fma@doe.carleton.ca> wrote in news:416C2D1E.EC330EC9
> > @doe.carleton.ca:
> >
> > > I'm using the Palm Pilot, running Pal OS v.3.3.
> > >
> > > From reading the online help, it seems there is no way to
> > > export *all* data across all apps into one archive file.
> > > I have successfully imported/exported records for individual
> > > apps, but it would be more convenient to take a snapshot of
> > > the whole organizer periodically. Is there a way around this
> > > (apparent) limitation?
> >
> > If you have an SD card slot, there are a number of backup apps that will do
> > that. With no SD slot, BackupBuddy is the only choice I'm aware of, but
> > there may be others.
> >

> Palm Pilot running OS 3.3 does not support VHS/SDIO

Thanks for clarifying. I'm working from a Dell Inspiron 8000
laptop, and there is no conventional motherboard with slots for
cards. I'm not sure what an SD card is, and it may be possible
for the laptop to host cards in an unconventional way, but since
Palm OS v.3.3 doesn't support SDIO, it doesn't matter.

Fred
!